Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys I'm confused about this mount. I have tried to research this issue but it is still not clear to me. This mount is a liquid filled mount or something but it is extremely squishy. Is the squish good or bad? I have heard both. I called my local parts house and they told me there was some play in the new one but mine is like a cup of pudding or something. It is still blown outward in the dome shape. It is not sunk in or anything but can anyone tell me how to check this or if it is good or not?. I can post a few pictures if I need to.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Sounds like it's still good.

It's when it gets a hole & the fluid leaks out that they go bad, top area is just a reservoir for the unit - comes with a plastic cap for protection.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK well I have other issues then or another mount gone bad. Yea I have the cap on it and its still has the fluid in it I was concerned with how mushy it was. But when I let the clutch out to take off it feels like the motor is rocking a little and the cat shakes some. Maybe the dog bone mount gone bad underneath. But that's what I needed to know about that one mount. So I will consider it good for now.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
With those symptoms, look at the dogbone mount.

That one controls engine rocking.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK I will do that. Do you know of an upgrade version so to say. Something better than stock?

·
Registered
753 Posts
There are some pretty nice alternatives to stock. C-f-m.com would have one. I took my dogbone and pried out the old inserts and pressed in some new ones that are far better.

Just have to decide if you want oem or aftermarket. Oem or rubber inserts will take away almost all the shake and aftermarket polyurethane? Will work really good but all the shake wont be gone.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2853962&postcount=4

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice. Ill check that out and see what I can come up with. I'm sure I won't get ride of all the shaking I have a 6 pick clutch in it now but I would like to eliminate most IF not all of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts