Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
02 ZX5 zetec
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone care to take a swag at a reasonable private sale price range, inside or outside the Focus community ?

Particulars: silver, power lock/window, 4-wheel disc & ABS, traction control, replaced 6-cd changer with Pioneer, clean body, runs well w/ plenty power, single owner, dealer maintained, northeast, garaged, no accidents. Needs headlamp lens treated. Needs driver's side replacement mirror waterproofed. No aftermarket mods.

On Edmunds they're appraising it as $750 trade-in, $1274 private sale, $1552 dealer retail. Taking a sampling of websites offering 2002 Foci, I'm seeing between $1900 and $2500 as common prices for that mileage and condition.

Looks like there's a market for these cars. If you want to throw a number or range at the wall I'll appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Edmunds
NADA
Kelley Blue Book

Always remember that in most cases the selling (asking) price is not the same as the actual sale price

Good luck
Paul

Reactions: focfandc

·
Registered
970 Posts
I'd probably try $1900 and then knock it down a few hundred if no interest after a few weeks. I think things like NADA/KBB aren't too useful on a car this old.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
They are as useful as anything else and will give him a range.

Paul

Reactions: focfandc

·
Registered
186 Posts
+1 on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. Although it may not be helpful with respect to regional market information, Ebay can help you get a feel for what similar cars are being listed for and, most importantly, how many bites they're getting on those listings. The bites a listing gets is a much better determinate of the true market value more so than the list price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts