Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car started having problems when i was accelerating at full throttle the car died and bogged out. At half throttle, it sounds like a bad miss in random cylinders, at idle, sound of the miss stays the same if not worse and the rpm varies. I started with the MAF, no change, ran my OBDII on the only code on the engine, bad Throttle Position Sensor, no change also. New spark plugs, plug wires, new fuel accumulator, and its now on open headers momentarily (smell of sulfur when i let it idle for 5 min) a new IAC valve, and i also deleted the EGR system because my new headers dont have an egr bung at all but i blocked the valves so no leak. At this point it seems ive been tackling symptoms instead of the problem because the car runs fine now, idle steady, sounding like no miss, yet still when i go past half throttle the car immediately cuts and dies unless i let off and i have absolutely no power, the car barely makes it to 35mph now. ive been told the car is still stuck in limp mode and i cannot figure out for the life of me what could still be wrong or at least how to get it out of limp mode.

Please if anyone has any idea on how to move forward or hopefully past experience ive been without my car for over a month.

I have the 2.0L manual zx3 btw, reverse seems to work fine which may be the weirdest part

·
Registered
2 Posts

I was having horrible shaking, idle issues, and bogginess, with a EGR Insufficient flow code, until I found this thread. There are two little 90 degree rubber fittings near the throttle body. One of my hoses had a gash in it, which kept my car alive but not well.

I understand your EGR was deleted so you probably have no use for the solenoid, but maybe the hole was left open and is sucking in air?

·
Registered
50 Posts
...Please if anyone has any idea on how to move forward or hopefully past experience ive been without my car for over a month.
By saying this I’m running the risk of being “that guy” but have you disconnected the negative battery terminal for a couple hours to reset your main computer?

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Check the timing belt timing, when they jump teeth they can act exactly as described, idle perfect yet begin to bog badly and dead in the throttle car will not go over 35 mph with huge bogging the whole way.

A coil suddenly gone bad can do the same , they fail in like 50 different ways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts