Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15,560 Posts
When it comes to that pass side mount brother believe it. The aftermarket is lightyears behind Ford when it comes to making hydraulic mounts. The tolerances are quite high and they CANNOT duplicate them.

Anchor, Westar, Napa, DEA, there are others, the mounts are utter garbage. They are losing enough sales that now they have gone to packaging the same garbage mounts in 'solid rubber' part numbers now to trick others into thinking they are a different part.

·
Registered
609 Posts
By all means there is no harm in checking out the dog bone mount first. If you are unconvinced of a PSM failure, reread post #3, Sailor explains how to confirm the diagnosis. There is probably some truth in the theory that replacing just the PSM when the other two are also bad will shorten the life of the new PSM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sorry for the delay, I am going to jack her up in the next few days and check it out and let you know. I did feel around to see where it vibrates in my car. It seems that the passenger floor and passenger chair both vibrate much more than the rest. Definitely think I need some mounts. Just have to find some cash [mecry].

-Rob-

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well guys, I guess I am going to have a few more problems than expected...

Unfortunate events are followed....... =[

Approaching my left turn there was a lot of traffic so I was going to patiently wait until there was an opening when an 18 wheeler decided to stop and let me turn left. I went to take my turn and apparently the lady behind him couldn't let me go....

Wheel bent inwards, wheel well lining fell down, passenger side airbag deployed. Luckily it didn't puncture the gas tank.

BAD MORNING... Let this be a lesson to everyone, dont pass an 18 wheeler you might end up hitting the ******* he let turn....

Attachments

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Did this honey decide to pass the Truck on the shoulder where your view of her was blocked?

100% her fault by the rules if she did. Hope it adds up to less damage than it looked like to you, lovely PITA.

·
Registered
15,560 Posts
Airbag probably did more damage than that, did it knock out the windshield? They usually do making the damage much higher on small ones like that.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts