Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Zetec Auto which seems to run fine with the stock intake. When I install the Steeda cold air intake it bogs and makes no power below 2000 RPM then it pulls better than stock after 3500 RPM. Is this typical? I also get a P0455 engine code (EVAP Emission Control System Leak - Large) and now the Check fuel cap light is on also.
Do I have a leak and it is more sensitive with this intake, or is this typical with the automatic trans?
[???:)]

·
Super Moderator
9,533 Posts
did you attach the line from the intake to the top of the valve cover? It could be a vaccuum leak from that problem. Or it could be a completely different problem all together and just happened to creep up right after you changed the intake.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
did you attach the line from the intake to the top of the valve cover? It could be a vaccuum leak from that problem. Or it could be a completely different problem all together and just happened to creep up right after you changed the intake.
x2 sounds like it doesn't it.
I have this seup with my FR mani and no problem

·
Registered
323 Posts
did you reset your ecu after you swapped the intake? if not, that's probably the simplest thing you could try. it might be having a hard time adjusting to the change in air flow.

·
zetec 2 duratec swap
1,648 Posts
The evap system is not going to fault with an intake. Its not a related problem.

You might need to check the charcoal canister and the lines running to it or the fuel cap.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vacuum to Valve cover is hooked up.
What I know about the EVAP system (in a nut shell) is that it takes the vapor from the tank and burns it. The canister seems to be a subject that people talk about. I will check that. The cap seems ok to me. But it is 7 years old and comes of 1-2 time a week to fill it, so that could be an issue.
I did not reset the ECU. I'm going to leave the battery off for an hour while I check the other stuff.
FocusRacingAustrali - thanks for telling me you have the same setup. But it sounds like you have a more advances setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts