Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been having some problems with my svt. It really boggy at low rpm and if I hold it at 1800 rpm the rpm dip and it sputters and sounds like it is misfiring. It is fine at idle and and under power once you get to 3500 rpm. I have changed the plugs and wires, put a k and n short ram, ran a tune on the sct x4 and changed the tps. I'm going to change the mass air flow sensor tomorrow. There is no cel but the X4 got this code p1246 see p0622. I don't know if they are related but if anyone can help it would be great

Thanks Brad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just have the sct tune in it . My buddy has a dyno but he doesn't do fords. I was going to get a tune done from you but in the spring cause I'm going to park my car soon for the winter. I'm going to do a turbo over the winter. I talked to you about the diy kit. But I'm trying to figure out this surge/misfire first. How long to get the kit from date of order

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Check the Alternator wire. It's a bit short and can flex and break down. I extend them out of habit, seen two break.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it turns out all my stupid problems have be caused by the sct tune. I replaced the maf this morning and same problems. Not thinking the tune would be shit I left it in but I guess I was wrong. Flashed my factory tune back in and runs like new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts