Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all I'm looking for cam head cap w/o the bolt for the SVT, a complete main wiring harness, and the SVT air box as well as possibly the snorkel if the price is reasonable. Thanks!

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,426 Posts
Hey y'all I'm looking for cam head cap w/o the bolt for the SVT, a complete main wiring harness, and the SVT air box as well as possibly the snorkel if the price is reasonable. Thanks!
The caps are align bored to each head. Dont think.you can bolt a cap from another engine without align boring again. I'll look at the junkyard this weekend . There is an SVT head there.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That seems incredibly inconvenient but leave it to the SVT to do something like that. I'm surprised it's that way are we sure we're talking about the same cap? It should be located on the cam shaft head where the timing belt is near and is a single T55 to take off. Also what junkyard is it? Seeing we're both from Houston I'd just as soon go myself but couldn't find an SVT donor.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
That seems incredibly inconvenient but leave it to the SVT to do something like that. I'm surprised it's that way are we sure we're talking about the same cap? It should be located on the cam shaft head where the timing belt is near and is a single T55 to take off. Also what junkyard is it? Seeing we're both from Houston I'd just as soon go myself but couldn't find an SVT donor.
12575 Hiram Clarke Rd, Houston, TX 77045. You pay 3 bucks to get in. 2 more bucks to go in through the exit on the right. Fords are on the rh side. The SVT is second car from the aisle. If you stand with your back to the SVT the head is underneath the car in front and to the left of you next to the aisle.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol. It was picked pretty clean. I can see how you would.
Called into work today to go and check it out, it hurt to see those SVT laying in ruin all over. Got a couple parts but let me know if you ever hear about any other SVT part outs in Houston!
Thank you for pointing me towards this one though I go to that LKQ what feels like weekly and it's insane I never noticed that

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
You find the part you were looking for? Last year there was a Contour SVT there. I live 10 minutes from this yard. Oh and you're welcome. I'll keep you posted if you do the same.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
I do not think you are talking about the Cap caps that bolt down and hold the cam shaft to the head. are you talking about just the bolt that attaches the cam gear to the cam shaft? two COMPLETELY different things.

The Cam Caps are unique to the head and stay with the head as they are machined together. the bolt that attaches the gear to the cam shaft does not matter. In fact Massive Speed Systems has a better replacement for the stock also that remove the T55 bit and maintains the correct domed type washer for correct pressure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts