Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im dropping my 2002 svt focus motor back in my car today. anything i should be aware of and expect to go wrong? or to make sure i do in a certain order? thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2000 Focus ZX3 and when i start it the motor rattles almost like its knocking, kinda like rocks in a coffee can. It goes away after a few sec. or if i rev to about 1600 rpm it stops the rattle faster. Also when i give it gas out of gear it does it agin right before idle falls back down to 600-1000 rpm. Anybody have any clues on whats going on? I hope its not the lower bearing. I listened under the hood with a screwdriver to my ear and didnt really sound like it was from the internal parts of the motor. Do hear it more on the headers but everything is tight to my eye.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2000 Focus ZX3 and when i start it the motor rattles almost like its knocking, kinda like rocks in a coffee can. It goes away after a few sec. or if i rev to about 1600 rpm it stops the rattle faster. Also when i give it gas out of gear it does it agin right before idle falls back down to 600-1000 rpm. Anybody have any clues on whats going on? I hope its not the lower bearing. I listened under the hood with a screwdriver to my ear and didnt really sound like it was from the internal parts of the motor. Do hear it more on the headers but everything is tight to my eye.
you might want to make your own thread if u want helpful replies. (also this thread is old as [:)][:)][:)][:)] and not relevant to your problem.

it doesnt sound like a motor knock to me though, i would look for lose components under the hood besides that i cant really help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts