Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has had the PCM reflash, but it still does the same. After leaving the car out all night for it to completely cool, (~50 degrees or less) starting is sometimes a problem. When it acts up, it will start and stall. I'll crank it for a while, it will start, idle high, but run thereafter. While still cold the engine has no low end power and the engine bogs if you give it gas as if they throttle pos sensor is off. The only mods are K&N filter, and the snorkle is removed.

Any suggestions? Of course the dealer can't duplicate it.

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
I've been having the same problem with my SVTf in the last couple of weeks. The car is in the shop right now, because it's also been displaying the battery light while I'm driving at low speeds. Also yesterday it completely shutoff while stopping on a red light.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has this condition degraded over time to what it is now? I've never had a stalling problem after it was driven. I'm wondering that if they don't find the problem that it will get worse?

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Someone somewhere had an idle air control valve replaced...or something to that effect. I have the same issue, but its kinda rare. I'm honestly thinking about going to stand alone engine mgmt. to cure this and make my own settings. Even the SCT or Diablo might help.

One thing Ive heard about stumbling is becuase the MAF is so close to the TB, twhen the throttle plate closes, it sends a signal back to the MAF and causes sporadic readings. When my car goes to CP-E (www.cp-e.com) for an intake/ MAF customizer, I'm going to address this issue and see if we can move the MAF further downstream of the TB.

...then again, I may go with the new 2.3 Duratec swap, so we'll see...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts