Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

new to FOCUS SVT's and the forum, but not new to ford vehicles. I'm hardcore ford and have been for years before I could drive.

Just wanted to say hi.

I recently found an SVT in decent condition body wise and need a bunch of parts. The last guy who owned it had installed K&N air filter and looks like it was a cold air intake as it goes down intot he lower front fender area in front of the drivers side tire.
Anyhow the air filter element is completely missing. Hopefully it hasnt been driven long without it.
I need to get an airbox assembly (stock) or buy an aftermarket setup. I'm good with either i'm not going to be "souping" this SVT up. It's just going to be my daily driver as my f-150 is killing me in gas.
however i'm having trouble finding a complete air box assembly within the Toronto area. So i'm willing to go and buy air intake assembly from ebay.

Just wanted a recommendation on which ones work best and fit in there nicely and connect up to the MAF sensor properly and won't trip any codes. When I was looking for my SVT I test drove many that had some pretty odd setups. Actually not one had the stock air box. lol but they all had pretty weird by-passes etc and not one of them did not have check engine light on.

Any advice would be great.

Also if anybody knows a good place to order ford parts I'm looing for axles and power steering rack for 2002 SVT amongst other things.

Thanks[driving]

·
Registered
36 Posts
from what I've read in many places and from the advice I've gotten from the guys here is that the factory air intake assembly is the best for the SVT Foci just drop in a K&N panel filter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
also looking into the Buy-Sell-Trade section on here will give you a lot of good prices for parts that are relatively hard to find else where.

·
Registered
620 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got my stock box and plumbing from someone on the forum. A post in the buy/sell/trade should get a response. Funny you mention the cel being lit on most of them. My car finds a new reason to turn it on every month....its a constant battle of what will fail next, and my fuel mileage is not great for a 4 cyl. But way fun to drive.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
you want something that cools the intake temp to 55-57 degrees F at sea level.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
But, no kit can do that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Listen to the svtf god Tom, he will recommend a completely stock intake box setup with a drop in such as a K&N drop in filter. My first PM from him recommenced that and I havent thought twice about getting any other intake

1 - 10 of 10 Posts