Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know LESS about cars than my girlfriend knows about cooking-- so it's a very sad affair !

I need some help. as I'm clue less to the issue with my focus.

Everything was fine and has been for years,... over the lat couple days.. the clutch seemed to be sticking... a little sticky getting in and out of gear... yet it was drivable.

Now... I have to slam it into gear... rip it out and shift to the next. After a couple miles... it seems to get back to normal.
have not driven it for 2 days... and now... it's almost impossible to get into gear.
what's going on ?

I've asked the guys at the local oil change place to take a look at the tranny fluid.
they say they can't.
something special-- only dealer can check it.
is this true ?

any advice on getting to the bottom of this ?

thanks all !

c

·
Registered
936 Posts
The part about only a dealer being able to check the tranny fluid is a crock. The MTX75 in your car is serviceable. There are 2 bolts, one is the drain plug, the other is the filler. When planning to drain the fluid, you should always check that the filler plug will come out first. Otherwise you could end up draining it and not being able to refill it. If this is something you're not comfortable with ... try a different shop, but there's no need to take it to the dealer. Just find a better shop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks hawkeye----
they said they could not check it... could only drain it.... but could not refill it. The dealer has a special device to service some kinda cable connection or some stuff--- more confusing than a episode of jerry springer.

where exactly are these bolts ? anything special to remove them ?
anything online that can direct me in doing it myself ?

thanks !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts