Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I come from a ford family so I've owned two F150's, an expedition and now a focus. It's a 02 french blue se sedan, auto with the zetec. I can never leave anything stock so I have new wheels, tires, stock spoiler, clear turn and side markers, sylvania ultra headlight bulbs, some floor mats, stereo, and speakers on the way. The driver rear window decided to not come back up on the test drive so a new regulator is on the way.

Past vehicles-
First truck

Second truck-

My expy-

And my baby-

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Coming home to these is almost better than xmas. 16x6.5 MSW Type 85 wrapped in 205/55R-16 Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position SL. They're a little bigger than stock so I can keep a decent sidewall on these.

This will not be a high performance corner carver that gets lowered with huge sway bars and performance shocks and struts and engine mods. It's a commuter I plan to keep mechanically very stock, just make it look better.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Definitely post some pics once those puppies are installed! They remind me somewhat of the EAP wheels but with less spokes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gonna have a big install thrash this weekend as everything should be here by then so it'll go from 100% stock to fully customized. Since this isn't a zx3/5 or gonna be anything really sporty I wanted wheels that looked like the EAP wheels but less busy. I think the gunmetal will look awesome with the blue- different but subtle (that's my main goal with the overall look for the car)

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Gonna have a big install thrash this weekend as everything should be here by then so it'll go from 100% stock to fully customized. Since this isn't a zx3/5 or gonna be anything really sporty I wanted wheels that looked like the EAP wheels but less busy. I think the gunmetal will look awesome with the blue- different but subtle (that's my main goal with the overall look for the car)
Great DD, computer.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Definitely post some pics once those puppies are installed! They remind me somewhat of the EAP wheels but with less spokes.
EAP came first to my mind as well.

Sounds like a huge picture update after this weekend.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, gonna be a long two days but Ill make sure to take plenty of before and after pics

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Post weekend update- I got about 90% of everything done. As usual I don't have great picture but that's what happens when your working alone and its hot out.

Notes-
clear turn signal grille- ebay piece. Everything was fine except the holes for the ford emblem. Had to drill a second hole for the posts but its thin plastic so it was easy

clear marker lights- again cheap ebay. everything was fine until i snapped a mounting stud tightening a nut. I did pre thread them on in my hand when i knew I could get them on straight but there was too much tension so one snapped off. The other is holding it in so i will be keeping an eye on that and will probably have to find another method to secure it

speakers and stereo- bought everything through crutchfield as I trust them and I get everything I need in one stop. The kicker speakers went in fine until I got to the rear passenger door. The wiring adapter had the pins on the wrong side of the connector so I cut both sides off and hard wired them in. The stereo install went fine. Something is off as I don't have rear speakers when I did with the stock stereo. I feel like the connector is two pins off as the ford connector is not as wide as the metra kit's connector.

Window regulator- Finally got the window detached from the regulator but everything looks fine. So I detached the motor and reconnected it to the door wiring and got nothing. I'm thinking it was actually the motor that went out, not the regulator. However since regulators go out all the time I'm gonna get a motor and just install a whole new unit for that side.

Wheels and tires- They have totally changed the look of the car. The wider max performance tire took my little go cart(it is to me and you can see why based on my previous vehicles) to a racecar. There is a problem with the rear passenger tire as its rubbing the fender lip on bumps. However the driver rear isn't so I'm thinking the camber is off on that side or the springs/shocks are more worn.

Overall I'm very happy with the car. It's the exact different but subtle i was going for. When I get that window fixed it will get a full detail that I have been itching to do. Then some time soon the spoiler goes on. More pics to come soon with the whole look

Stock-

Wheels and tires on-

Grille before ford emblem-

·
Registered
739 Posts
Lookin' good! Now you just need a mild drop like I do. Haha

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. Realistically since the tires are oversized and it's a daily that I don't want to compromise with (going sideways over speed bumps, swerving to avoid potholes, creeping up and down driveways) it'll probably stay at this height.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
I mild drop would do wonders yet still allow you to go wherever you and have added handling. I do like the rim addition though.

How do you like the new radio?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't had a ton of time to play with it but I like it. I've had pioneer speakers and headunits in my last 3 vehicles so I figured I'd change it up so I got the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X598 and Kicker 40CS684 6x8's.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Small update- the no rear speakers was just a bad ground connection so that's fixed. Window motor is here so I can re install the new regulator with a new motor and get to take off the packing tape holding the window up.haha. Sunday will hopefully bring the install of the spoiler and then a full detail.

Also gonna try my hand at modifying the rear fender lips to get some bump clearance. After driving the car more it feels like the rear shocks are done or close to it. I'm sure that's not helping how much the tires go up into the well which makes them hit the fender.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just recently acquired a 2000 sedan SE from a family friend that had the same window issue you ran into. I didn't get into fixing it yet though. Was it an easy fix for you?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it's technically not fixed yet(still need to install the new motor and regulator) but it wasn't too hard to get it apart and out. There is a pdf from dorman that you find my googling ford focus window regulator that is a big help.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Looks good

mild mods on a sedan makes a really good driver out of it. Much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Slick. Yeah I was on both forums and still visit to check things out. You have a f150 before?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I did. I had a 02 V6 Supercab and a 04. Heritage 4.6 single cab. I was either flipandroll or Blueoval _Man I honestly forget it's been like 4-5 years since I've been on their serious.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Blue oval man sounds familiar.

Update-
Got a new window motor-wrong side. Everything else automotive related I've dealt with orients the car as if you're sitting in the driver seat. So I ordered rear left for the driver left window. Well that's wrong for window motors so I gotta order a different one. I put the window into the new regulator all the way up with the old frozen motor installed so it wouldn't move. That let me clean the car up and get the tape off the window so it looks a lot less janky. Greased the ac fan shaft so nice quite ac again. All that's left is to install the spoiler (realistically that's two weeks away as I want to take my time and I'm moving this weekend) and fix that window fully but for now it works just fine. I finally got to wash, clay bar, and wax the car so it looks how it should.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts