Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am new to this. Just picked up an 02 SVT Focus. I was wondering if anyone could help with this. I called 2 Ford dealerships and they priced it at 130$. This seems like a lot for a heat shield! The header is getting too hot and putting a lot of heat on my radiator fan causing it to bubble on the back. Any suggestions??

Thanks![:D]

·
Registered
209 Posts
just pull the header off and wrap it. Looks cool and helps with underhood temps.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
The heat shield helps more than header wrap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the posts guys. About the heat wrap.. To do a header.. How much wrap(Feet) does it take to wrap it? Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
you just get the wrap, is like 50 bucks and it should be enough in one roll to do it .

·
Registered
106 Posts
Heat shield reduces temps more than header wrap. I have two SVT Focii, one wrapped, one not, running the same carbon hood. Using an infrared thermometer I've always seen 20F higher temps in the header wrapped engine bay scanning the bottom of the hood.

The header wrap looks cooler, but just isn't as efficient as the headshield for reducing engine bay temps. If you wanted a cool look, you could always have the heat shield powder or ceramic coated for <$100 (you don't have to buy a new one; the old one would be sandblasted or chembathed.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts