Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car got stuck in a ditch and had to get pulled out from the rear and now it wont even crank over. I charged the battery and even got a new one. Checked the fuel shut off switch and still nothing. Put an extra ground on motor and still wont crank.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Was this a peaceful landing or a crash into the ditch?

Do you hear the click of the starter or any other noises when you attempt to start it?

Is this an automatic or manual tranny?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont hear anything at all and its an automatic. I just recently removed the starter and took it in to get it checked and it works. Checked the started relay and that is working... well i atleast feel it clicking when i turn the key. So does that mean the ignition switch is working right to? When i put the starter back in i plan to run wires to the top so i can cross them since i can not reach it from underneath. Is there any other relays or sensors I should look at as well?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
If the starter relay is clicking when you turn the key, then the ignition switch is working along with the transmission range sensor. Since you have already checked the starter and starter solenoid, then apparently there is not power to the starter while it is in the car. There is a #6 cable from the battery +side that goes down to the starter. Check that cable for +12V at the starter with a meter. The cable could be broken inside the insulation and not readily caught with just a visual inspection. But before doing all of that, check the 30A fuse in the battery junction box that goes to the starter solenoid. It is fuse #8.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts