Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 02 ford focus zts and my wife bought this car new before we met. The keyless entry worked at one time but now does not. I have checked fuses and relays and all looks good there. I replaced the batteries and I have taken the fob's to autozone and tested them with their little testing device they have on the counter. At least it indicates a signal is being transmitted. I have attempted several times to program the system per the owners manual but to no avail no luck. The door locks inside work just fine and the ignition keys are the original that came with the car as are the key fobs.

so anyone have anything else I can do other than taking my car to a dealer?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Maybe try another key FOB. You can get these pretty cheap at most junkyards, I paid $5 for 2. When programming, do you get the chime to confirm?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, I do not get the chime......so you're thinking even though the fob's are sending a signal they still may not be functioning correctly?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Do you get a single chime just before you are to press the fob when programming, this confirms you are in the "learning mode"?
When you press and hold one button on fob, there will be another chime to tell you it is programmed.
If you don't get these chimes, it's not going to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts