Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to the forum as I just bought a used 02 Focus SVT. I really love driving this car. It's a really fun car to drive and I wouldn't give it up for the world but I'm having a few issues with it. Now mind you, I'm a n00b to cars in general. I'm not mechanically inclined what so ever..so bare with me here.

Issue #1: when accelerating moderate to hard and when shifting into reverse or first and 2nd there is a metallica clink sound that comes from either the right or left side, even sometimes the middle of what seems to be the the axle of the front wheels. This clang/clink sound only happens once...it's not consistent and doesn't happen all the time. Someone told me it sounds like there might be something loose on the axle? Maybe some bolts or something, but once again..what do I know? LoL

Issue #2: When cornering hard and the weight shifts to the driver side of the car there is a squeaking coming from the front left of the car(driver side). Could this be a strut or a CV joint of some sort?

The car was checked by a mechanic to make sure nothing major was going on with it before I bought it but of course I expect stuff like this to arise. Anyway, I always like to get an opinion of what it might be before going in blind to a mechanic.

Otherwise I really love this focus and it's just a blast to drive, makes me almost....want to go to work. :) :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts