Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'02 Focus with 2.0L ZeTec engine.

Car sat for 2 days in heavy rain. Went to start it, cranked, started, then shut off. Kept doing this but when I rev it, I can keep it running at high RPM's. The throttle response is way off. (press gas....second later, car revs) No check engine light. I'm unable to drive it.

Going to borrow a hand held to see if any codes pop up. In the mean time, anyone have any ideas?

Also, where do I tap into to check fuel pressure?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Sounds MAF related to me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, car has no codes.

Now that I think about it, I suspect water in the fuel. I gassed up on Wednesday evening (put in 3/4 tank worth of fuel) and drove home (about 2 1/2 miles away) Woke Thursday morning and had trouble getting car to idle, let alone run at all.
When I was fueling up, it was raining out. They had a gas truck delivering gas at the time. I'm thinking they got water in the gas.

Thinking this, I tried to siphon gas from the tank to no avail. I then removed the rear seat in hopes I could access the fuel pump. No such luck. I'm going to try "fuel dry" and see if that helps. If not, I'll have to tow it to my buddy's house, drop the tank, and see what I have.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, day 3 over here and this is what I got.

I was able to get the fuel line separated from the fuel rail and filled up a glass jar full of fuel. The gas looks good. No water, or sediments.

I feathered the gas pedal for about 10 minutes and the check engine light finally came on. Spit out a code P1131
"Lack of H02S11 switches - Sensor indicates lean.......fuel system 1 open loop fault"

Does anyone have experience with code P1131 on a 2.0L ZeTec engine ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts