Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have an issue that I hope some of you can lend a hand on. I currently have a 2002 Ford Focus SE with the SOHC motor. It has a manual transmission but I am not sure which one. From what I was able to find it appears the mtx75 or whatever was only in the DOHC models. The problem that I have is a leak which appears to be comming from the shift selector. It's not enough to drip out on the ground but you can see it run along the bottom of the trans. I'm guessing it is leaking more often while I am driving and thats why I'm having to add the fluid. With winter right around the corner and living in MI thats the last thing I want to do is add trans fluid. I would assume that there is some sort of seal or somthing that can be purchased but I went to the all mighty autozone and they did not know what I was talking about. Does anyone have a name of part or any suggestions? I would really like to avoide taking it anywhere just because I dont have the extra cash at the moment.

Any advice is appreciated and if helpful I can get a few pics posted of the leak today. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts