Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock '04 SVT ~87K. I'm wondering whether to replace the spark plugs and wires, or go to the dealer to find out if the existing ones are working OK and only replace if he says they're not performing.

·
Registered
809 Posts
get the motorcraft plugs, and a set of taylor 8mm thundervolt wires. gap the plugs to .060 and get ready to smile.

Reactions: svt2nv04

·
Registered
708 Posts
Get some thicker spark plug wires for sure. Smoother idle and rev. It's nice :)

I am yet to do the motorcraft spark plug gap to .060. What's the difference between stock gap and .060?

·
Registered
809 Posts
just a little pep in your step, nothing crazy. there are a few threads on the topic, several people really like it.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
I have a stock '04 SVT ~87K. I'm wondering whether to replace the spark plugs and wires.
I would. The sparks plugs are supposed to be replaced at 100,000 miles anyway. The recommendations above are good.

·
Registered
936 Posts
8.2mm Taylor Thundervolts and copper core Motorcraft plugs. Hell I did that at 60k on my standard Zetec. I don't care what recommendations are, I don't think I would ever go past 50 - 60k on factory plugs or wires.

And if you take it to the dealer, no matter what any diagnostic will say, I'll be you dollars to donuts that they'll tell you to replace. And charge an arm and a leg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts