Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into throttle bodies and I see that most of them are for the mid april 02 and earlier. My car was built may of 02, any suggestions of throttle bodies that are available for my Zetec?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
they make tehm for the 2002.5 and up for zetecs, they just may be harder to find. post a pic of ur TB and throttle cable in ur car right now and I will tell you if a pre 2002.5 TB will fit

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took a while before camera and car were in the same place. If a different angle would help just let me know

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hmmm, its too dark to go outside, but that looks identical to my TB, and my car was built in 09/01. Dunno how much help that is ... I'm sure others will be more helpful.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sometimes I forget to use my brain (and my resources.) Checked the engineering part number on my throttlebody and checked it against 2000-2001 throttlebodies and same engineering number. Checked it against a 2003 throttlebody and different engineering number.

So I should be able to upgrade to any of the throttle bodies that work for the earlier foci.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a pre 2.5. I was just not sure until I cross referenced the engineering numbers. My car was built after the change with the manunal transmission shift lever but before the change with the throttle body. That is where my confusion came from.

·
Registered
14 Posts
the pre 2002.5 have a different hook up for the throttle & cc cables. notice how the cables connect on the 2002.5+ and the one shown in the picture above.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts