Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I saw in Galveston today a guy driving a zx3 with an "S2" on the sides of the car , is this a special model that they made in o1, he said that the front bumper valence "black wind guard on bottom of bumper" came stock from the factrory, this is something similar that I want to put on my 03 zx5.....anybody have any suggestions or ideas as to where to get one.....it made the front of the car look closer to the ground without looking tacky..

thanks for the advice

03 zx5, sangria, cai, chopped off rear muffler, added 3" chromed rolled slanted tip, aluminum grill
future..front/rear drop, front valence, ultraflow muffler

pictures coming later

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
It's available from Ford for like $168. Certainly not cheap by any means, but it is currently the only stock valence upgrade...of the non-tacky sort. Some are opting to go with the SVT lower valence. This is a larger lower valence, and looks good with side shirts. You don't have to have side skirts...just looks better that way b/c it wraps around to the wheel openings.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, yeah i saw at ford the svt valence is like 75 bucks, does it just bolt right on, or do you need special hardware

thanks

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
FOCUS03 said:
thanks, yeah i saw at ford the svt valence is like 75 bucks, does it just bolt right on, or do you need special hardware

thanks
you need to drill into the stock bumper, cut about 2 inches off each end.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no i don't have a part number, i just asked the parts guy at the local ford dealership, he showed me the piece on the computer, he pays 40 for it and they charge the consumer 75, rip off..but that's how everybody makes money i guess....twofocused-how hard was it to drop the front and rear of the focus, i was thinking about the coilovers that are adjustable

thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have an S2 edition, and I never noticed the Valence on the bumper until I looked at normal Foci. I think it gives a more sporty look and blends well with the lines on the car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i totally agree that is why i want one,

does anyone have one they want to sell

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
hmm i think i saw that too, some crazy old fer was showing me it, but it did look pretty sweet

1 - 14 of 14 Posts