Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Issue with my clutch.

Yesterday I went to push in the clutch after coming off of 70 miles of freeway and the pedal went about halfway down, then went straight to the floor. Tried to go again and got no power transfer to the drivetrain and then lots of clutch smell.

Got towed home and put it on blocks - this is where it gets weird..

In nuetral with the car running, the tires were spinning about 20 RPM, the same was true in all forward gears, no movement in reverse though. I could stop them with my hand.

I checked the shift linkage, fluid, and everything I can see - it all looks OK.

This morning I bled the fluid off the slave cylinder bleed valve after reading some posts on the forum. At first the fluid oozed out weakly for a time or two, then came out strong for three or four times.

Now there is slight spin on the tires in neutral and all forward gears, maybe 1/8 RPM.

My question is this - should I try to blled more fluid off or look for something else?

Any info or suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im going to go ahead and try to bleed the slave cylinder some more. Just wanted to make sure it wasnt something else before I start dropping the tranny...

Any help?

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
sounds like you should take it to a mechanic specializing in transmissions because i dont want one of us telling you the wrong thing. i do have a question for you though. if you haven't dropped the tranny yet go outside crank it up put it in gear and give it some gas. if the speedo goes up but the tires dont spin its screwed up axels. maby as simple as the axle clips came out and need to be replaced. if it goes in gear but no speedo move bad day near in your future. probly a new tranny. was it doing anything weird prior to going kaput?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have it up on blocks still - when I crank it up and give it gas, there is no movement of anything, speedo, tires, nada...

Everything was fine before Thursday afternoon, even then there was no noise of any kind, the peddle just went mushy for a second and then nothing.

Im going to call around to see how much this is going to cost - Im not sure I want to tackle this one on my own.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its going in to the shop tomorrow.

Just have to figure out where to attach a chain on this #%)@ thing so I can use my truck to tow it 8 miles to town and get it fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts