Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my alternator went out and its in the process of being replaced, but were having so much trouble wrestling the [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] old alternator out, is there a certain trick to it or anything, please help, i have to have my car back by tonite

·
Registered
420 Posts
sleepyboy said:
Or you could do it by loosing the motor mount and jacking the motor up a little thats how I did it.
Yup!!!

Exactly how I did mine. After the motor mount was loose, and the motor moved just a bit, it slid right out.

They're a PITA!!!! to get out without tilting the motor

·
Registered
33 Posts
I replaced mine a month ago and pulled it off from the top, but you need to disconnect almost the entire fuel injection system, I don't figured out how to do it by the bottom of the car.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
humbertob said:
I replaced mine a month ago and pulled it off from the top, but you need to disconnect almost the entire fuel injection system, I don't figured out how to do it by the bottom of the car.

Whao I'll jack the motor up anyday compared to undoing all of the fuel injection!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, i got it out the top, it was a pain in the ass and i hope i never have to do it again to this car

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
in the future, just remove the 'easy to get to' bolt on the lower engine mount(bottom of trans housing). Put the car in gear or park, push car forward a bit to rock the motor forwrd a couple of inches, then apply the handbrake. Motor stays held by the load on the gearbox (not enough to harm anything)

Sure beats having to pry the engine around, or fiddle with lining up an alternator from underneath

1 - 9 of 9 Posts