Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2001 ZTS. I've got an odd problem: I can't get my accessories to work most of the time. By accessories I mean my air conditioning/heat, power windows, windshield wipers, brake lights, or gear shifter. However, my headlights, interior lights, gauges and radio always work.

If I sit there and flip the ignition switch to the "accessory" (3) position enough (without actually cranking the car), sometimes it will eventually come on. But lately it hasn't been working at all. The fact that it will intermittently work leads me to think it's not a fuse, all though I haven't checked them.

I replaced the ignition switch, but it didn't resolve the problem. The wiring pigtail harness that goes into the switch didn't have any apparent damage. I'm not sure if it's the wiring or a bad ground, but I'm about to take it to the service shop if I can't figure it out.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Checking fuses is kinda a "basic" in this situation, and doing so - even if you DON'T find a "bad" one MAY solve the issue.

I had the same issue one day after going through the car wash, pulling & replacing the fuses & relays under the hood cleaned the contacts enough that the problem hasn't resurfaced for over 6 months.... Problem solved.....

Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts