Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have luck getting a stuck trunk open on a 01 sedan? My friend owns the car, and doesn't have a manual (Haynes or otherwise).

Is there anything I can recommend, or do for her, to get the darn thing open again?

I searched the threads for similar problems, and it seems few people had the issue a long time ago; I'm thinking somebody might have found a solution since then.

Thanks fanatics!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Maybe folding the seats down and crawling in there from the inside? Maybe something is holding it shut and is stuck in there somehow?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
^^^^

You have to open the trunk in order to release the seats. You can't fold them down without first releasing them via the two pull-knobs in the trunk.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Well that's a shame. Too bad it's not like the ZX3, where you can just pull handles at the top of the back seats.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm not sure...I actually have the opposite problem, sometime I need to slam it 2 or 3 times before it catches and stays closed....

it really is a PITA that the seat release is in the truck....

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Does the key turn in the lock, and does it feel right? Ub ba ba ab- try this: push down on the deck lid real hard while you turn the key.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I always found that a crowbar will do the trick of course those were not my cars[scratch]

·
Registered
121 Posts
I actually just had the same problem with my 00 ZTS, this is what I did, I took off the cushion of the smaller section of seat and drilled and small hole about the size of a silver dollar, maybe a bit larger, took a pole and popped the seat open, from there what it most likely is (well it was for me) was the entire latch assembly, you have to stick a screwdriver in and pop it open, but if it isnt the latch be careful not to break it cause its a dealer only part. I work at a carparts warehouse, and we didnt carry it, not in any of our warehouses in all of Michigan did we have it. I got it at dealer cost which was 77, so I have no idea what they might really charge. The best way to tell if that is it, is if you can hear the clikcing electrical, but it doesnt release, the latch is bad, its really easy to change, the hardest part is getting the lock cylinder off, there will be a black casing on the old latch, just bust that to pieces and the lock should realease, put it on the new latch, and put it in, if you have any questions feel free to pm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts