Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first post. I just purchased an 01 Focus Station Wagon SE. I'm pretty happy with the car, but the remote/keyless entry does not repond to the fob. Battery, signal and programming all appear to be fine. [Replaced the battery, checked the signal at Autozone's reader and is says it is transmitting, progammed the car using the method that I found on the forum (key on and off 4 times in 6 seconds, car dings...etc.)]. Still the fob doesn't unlock, lock or alarm the car. So I'm guessing it is something with the car. I've tried the repair manual I have and am unable to find any information. Any suggestions about where to start from here? Fuse for the receiver? Is the receiver in the master time module?[???:)] If I knew where it was, I could check connections, signals, etc. I'm at a point where I don't know where to look next. Any help would be much appreciated.

steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, a lot of looks at this post, but no replies yet. Not even from the guys who's replies appear on almost everybody's posts. So, is there not enough information? Not enough details? Is this one of those topics that people do not understand? Are my writing skills too poor to follow? Is this one of those topics that you guys have discussed time and time again and think "dummy, do a search"? (I've searched all over for this issue - internet wide - and cannot find anything) One other post from a guy in England and his issue was the #63 fuse (newer model) - I don't have a #63 fuse (that I can find). All of my fuses are good.

So, does anybody have any information?

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Fuse 63 (Central lock module - 20A ) should be on the back side of your car's interior fuse panel. You need to unmount the fuse panel to gain access to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much. I didn't realize they would put a fuse on the back of the panel.
I did check it and it was good. Gotta try something else now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts