Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of black housed projectors for my '01 ZX3 that have the blinkers inside the headlight housing in order for my Euro Grille to stay blinker-less.

The blinker wires for the ones in the headlight housing have 2 wires, yellow and black. But there are 3 wires that go to the factory blinkers, and those are yellow striped, yellow striped, and black...

Obviously it goes Black to Black...but which wire do I pick for the Yellow to Yellow connection?? I need help from someone ASAP, I already have the lights out of my car!!

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh good call my friend. They looked yellow under my halogen worklight, but when I pulled her into the garage and turned on my flouresents...it all made sense.

The wires are indeed red and blue striped, but there are still 3 of them in total lol.

Pics:
the new headlights:

the factory wires:

new headlight wires:

What goes to what? THANKSS

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes they are exactly the same.

I'm thinking that one of the orange/blue wires has the blinker relay, and one is soild constant power. Is this correct?

So...in effect, if I figure out which one is the blinker only I can connect only that wire to the new headlights giving me blinkers but no running lights...which I'm fine with. Is this correct? Or does the blinker require both orange/blue wires to be connected in order to blink when activated?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can anyone confirm that I only need one of the blue/orange wires for the blinker? NEED THESE BACK IN ASAP

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
thie middle wire on the stock one is for constant power and the other one would be for the blinker and then the ground. maybe try hooking up the the outside wires to the new wires and see what happens and if not try the middle and black. if not try both those wires to the yellow then the black to black. get it?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I'm gunna give it a shot...hopefully I don't screw myself over on this one.

I'll wait another 10 minutes to see if anyone else can chime in and help out with any other info.....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I tried that...the 90* 1/4 turn socket for the stock grille lights doesn't fit into the new headlight housing. I cut down the tabs and everything but it just doesn't fit in there.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
ok on the wires that plug into the grill lights if u snip the middle one thats the one that kills the running lights.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
us the blue and orange one on the out side not the one in the middle if you want turn signals only.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got it...everything works absolutely perfect. Thanks so much to all of you. Rep is being left!!!!

You guys are awesome...can't say enough how much you helped me today

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
here they are...this thing looks so awesome with the black housings and euro grille...I'm gunna snap a few more and post them up tomorrow becuase the light doesn't show anything off.

I think this thing looks pretty sinister now, check it out...

these are the lows:

these are the highs (super freakin bright, omg):

Again thanks to all who helped!!! [headbang]

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks dude I couldnt have done it without you, lol. Now I just gotta put new bulbs in my fog lights and we should be good

1 - 20 of 25 Posts