Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my stock 01 ZX3 headlights fogged up. I used rubbing compound and glaze and it worked wonders! Looked new again for a while. Now they're fogged up again, so I think i'm just going to buy some new headlights. Besides, the projector headlights look cool and are pretty cheap on Ebay.
I haven't taken my headlights out yet, but I think there are 2 bulbs right? One for HB's and one regular for each side. Which would make it easier because the projectors have 2 projectors in each headlight. But if it's just relayed with one bulb per headlight, i'd have to wire up more bulbs. Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
i'm not sure about the zx3 but i have an 02 SE that uses one bulb.. one wire

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Just one bulb for all of the 2000's-2004's. The projectors have separate high beams and low beams, but the eBay ones should come with the bulbs in them. They also have 2 bulbs on the sides for DRL's and turn signals.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I thought they only had one, unfortunately. And you're right, the Ebay ones do come with the bulbs and piggyback wiring on the back for plug and play. Though i'm not sure how I'd go about wiring it up because the stock lights have wiring adaptors that hook into the headlight. So do you think the new headlights would also come with an adaptor I could just plug it into? Or would I have to cut off the adaptors, and connect my existing wires to the new wires on the headlights? Thanks! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts