Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all..I am new to the forum but I just purchased a 01 Ford Focus SE 5 speed Manuel....I will be posting a lot if different questions on here. Seems like I am finding a lot more wrong with the car since I got it home...

Problem #1 I am in the process of replacing the Rear Drums cause it needed nwe wheel bearings...so while I am at it I am replacing shocks, shoes on it....and a spindle cause one of the bearings broke and pretty much welded itself to the spindle...anyway the car came with a new parking brake cable cause the old cables snapped on both sides...it is just like the one I am posting a pic of below...am I missing something to go with this? It doesn't have the springs that go on the end that goes into the drum...I am wanting to put this on while I have it all apart and was trying to figure it out...

Problem #2 , the rear door handle wilol open from the inside only and not the outside...any direction on the way to go about fixing this would greatly help...

Problem #3 , the light on the dash says check fuel cap, should I just replace fuel cap or is there any other known problems that I need to know about this...Also the light showing the doors open is on but I made sure all doors were shut tight...

Problem #4 , cruise doesn't work...I replaced third brake light bulbs...now I am getting ready to check sensor on brake pedal...I honestly have not looked at it yet but is there a sensor on the clutch also that it goes against when clutch isnt pushed down, like the brake pedal...one that I need to check also...if so what is the proper name of it? So I can get a new one if that's what it is...

Problem #5 drivers side door won't lock...the actual door lock you can look at to see if the door is locked or not is not moving...that actual piece is broke does that actually keep the entire lock from locking?

This is just a few things I have found and there are more but I am going to start with these first. ..sorry if some of the questions sound stupid...I am completely new to a Ford Focus...I think I ended up with a project car without knowing it when I bought it but it's my own fault...

Thanks for any and all help on some of these problems...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
1. Not sure what you mean...the actual adjuster on the inside of the drum?

2. There's a clip on the inside of the outer handle that tends to break. You can either buy those Help! parts from your local auto store or get them from the dealer and pay a fortune. Take the old clip in to make sure you're getting the right thing. Or pull the whole assembly off a junkyard car. Or say "f*&% it!" and call it a security feature.

3. Replace the gas cap. Cheap and easy. Other issues will set off the Check Engine Light.

4. Check the stickied thread on this forum for How to Diagnose Cruise Control Problems. Excellent how-to.

5. Not sure what you mean here...it won't lock with the remote or it won't lock with the key, or both?

For more detailed info on any of these issues, use the Search tool to find other posts that have dealt with the same problem. If you're lucky, the original poster will have also posted his solution.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info...I think I figured out the parking brake...needed to order the cable that is like 7 inches long that is on the end of the bigger cable... it has the spring on it that goes into the drum...I didn't know it's two pieces...I replaced the gas cap but haven't had a chance to run it yet cause it's up on jack stands right now...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And as for the lock it doesn't lock at all...the lock indicator, is what I call it cause it shows if it is locked or unlocked, inside of the vehicle is broken and it must keep it from actually locking on the inside of the door...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
For the door lock issue, you may just have a sticky mechanism. Spray some good lube (not WD40, use a silicone or grease) onto the latch and work it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts