Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here's the situation, my focus died on me yesterday, so I pulled the alternator and took it to auto zone to have it tested, well it ended up being shot. I bought the alternator and a new battery while I was at it. Today I installed everything. It all seemed to work at first, until... The windshield wipers magically turned on and the fuel pump fuse blew. I turned the car off , disconnected the battery and replaced the fuse. As soon as I hooked the battery back up , once again the fuse blew and the windshield wipers are magically back on and they won't go off even when I have Thr wiper control set to off. Any ideas? I'm confused, I'm used to dealing with the electrical issues as I mainly work on vws and Audis but the focus has me stumped... Thanks everyone

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
So you have a dead short on the circuit that keeps blowing the fuse. Which exact fuse is it that keeps blowing? (Looking for a socket number.)
There are a couple of wires that come off the battery terminal posts that can cause intermittents and shorts; they become brittle with age. I'd look there first since you may have disturbed them when fitting the new battery. Try tugging on each wire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts