Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...
Got it installed early Sept, sorry no intall pics.
Header, flex pipe, and a catback 2.5" to a 3" tip. NOT HAPPY AT ALL! It was a no weld bolt on to fit exact, hahahaha WRONG!
The only thing i do like is the sound, but there is a rattle.
Ford Focus header and cat back system: http://youtu.be/wvSNotzUYws

Attachments

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
It looks like you need one of my SVT rear bumper covers and get a muffler shop to bend it back a little to the left.

Is that front pipe for the resonator a smaller I.D.?

·
Super Moderator
9,559 Posts
Is that the FSWerks header and flex-pipe? Which exhaust did you get also? To answer Vince's question above, it appears that the resonator is only about 14-16 inches long which means your exhaust is going to be loud as shit and waking up the neighborhood lol. The rattle that you are hearing is the exhaust pipe hitting against some metal along it's route. As to where it's hitting? I am not sure since I can't see under the car. But it is more than likely banging against the wall before the axle.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
it's in BST

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that the FSWerks header and flex-pipe? Which exhaust did you get also? To answer Vince's question above, it appears that the resonator is only about 14-16 inches long which means your exhaust is going to be loud as shit and waking up the neighborhood lol. The rattle that you are hearing is the exhaust pipe hitting against some metal along it's route. As to where it's hitting? I am not sure since I can't see under the car. But it is more than likely banging against the wall before the axle.
You are correct on the header and flex pipe. The exhaust is "ebay" special, at the time i couldn't pass up the great price. Hahaha, should have.
Yes, it is loud, holy shit is it loud! I have a muffler im going to try and quiet it down some.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
I love The Specials A.K.A. The Specials

Ska is AWESOME

·
Super Moderator
9,559 Posts
The only way you're going to get that seriously quieter is to put a catalytic converter of some kind on there. Your converter acts as a kind of resonator as well. I remember when I had my Focus Sport race header and flex pipe on there. Holy shit was it loud, my girlfriend at the time said she knew 5 minutes before I was coming home because she could hear me coming. That's when I opted to switch over to the SVT header, cat and flex route. I could only tolerate that noise for about 2 weeks before it finally aggravated the shit out of me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
custom exhaust

Does anyone know how much (feet wise) of tubing it takes to do a full exhaust from header back on a 02 zx3 2.0 zetec? I plan on ordering a muffler and some tubing then taking it to a shop to have it installed then later on getting a header for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts