Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The city lights are very dim. When the turn signal flashes its fast and normal brightness. I pulled the bulbs out and I see they were hacked. There are 3 wires and only2 are being used. The ground and turn. How are these suppose to be wired

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There are only 2 wires going to the side marker lights... Are the side markers turn and park? Are the city lights turn and park?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The rear turn signals use number 3157 bulbs, which have two filaments, but the parking light/tail light filaments are not wired on the turn signal bulbs. Therefore only two of the three connections are used for the rear turn signal bulbs on the sedans. So it's normal.

The left and right brake lights on the sedans are also number 3157 bulbs but for those the tail light filament is wired so all three connections to the bulb are used. The front side amber lights have two wires for each. The front turn signal bulbs are also number 3157 and have three wires each.

If you think the lights are dimmer than they should be, I would suggest checking the voltage at the battery while the car is running with the lights turned on. You should be getting around 14 to 16 volts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well right now the side marker lights and the front ones are the same 194 bulb or what ever... So I'm guessing some one put the wrong bulb socket in the headlights housing does anyone have a pic of what it looks like stock

1 - 4 of 4 Posts