Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got sportlines and dampers for my car.. love the ride, also not as bouncy as everyone says.. anyways i was rubbing like everyone said with my old 28 offset so i put the original 52.5et rims on.. im looking at a pair of 42 offset rims that are 15" and was wondering if theyll fit withoyt rubbing? I really do love these rims but no fender rolling or rubbing for me.. thanks !

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
How close to the fenders are the original rims? The 42mm offset wheels will place the tires almost 1/2" closer to the fender lip. Also look at the stock tire and wheel in relationship to the curve at the top of the plastic fender liners for adequate clearance and not just the fender lip. There needs to be adequate clearance there as well. Rubbing occurs on both the fender lip and liner. The liner can be reshaped with a heat gun to get some additional clearance if necessary.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theres about an inch to an inch and a half between the fender and tire and same as the fender lip, i am not sure though... im not sure because some say 45et is the least they would go for the first gen foci's.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
btw geezer, if it helps im running 195 60 15 in the front and 195 65 15 in the back. the width of the wheels are also 6.5"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts