Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, driving through town today a fellow in a silver sedan just like mine beeped at me, i thought, "Must be some idiot beeping at me because we have the same car." Well, turns out it was my friend Jason, he bought an '05 ZX4 SE Sedan the same color as my '00 LX Sedan. Here is the challenge... I am hoping that my modded SPI with stock Horse Power of 110 has enough to beat his totally stock zx4 with i believe to be 130, but not sure. Do i have any chance at all to beating him. I have cold air intake, 19 lb. injectors, high flow muffler, 9mm plug wires, bosch platinum plugs. Is this enought to make up 20 horsepower. I hope so or this is going to be an embarrasment. Thank for your input guys. I will let you know the results...

·
Registered
690 Posts
With what mods you have I don't think you made up the difference in hp, but I do think that you did make up a little of the difference. It should make for an interesting race.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
well maybe the 05 is an auto and the 00 is a stick...that would help... or if the 05 is a stick maybe the guy cant drive... either way that would definatly help

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
The 05 2.0 is 136 hp. with your mods you're probably around the 120-125..could come down to the drivers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, they both have manual transmissions. and mine has 9mm plug wires, bosch platinum plugs, 19lb. injectors, cold air intake, high flow muffler, imrc conrtoller(split-port controller) hack. I am hoping that I am the better driver, which 4 years of delivering pizza's has helped out alot. I will let you know what happens. If he goes through with it. I called him up yesturday and told him that there is a flashlight drag on the 16th and that we should both take our cars that way it will be legal for us to race, but he said he doesn't know. oh, well. I'll just have to keep pestering him.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
hmmm...
the 2.0 duratec is a good engine. pretty peppy. i think the only chance you have is if your friend is a bad driver. the mods you listed simply dont add much HP.

but race him anyway! racing is supposed to be fun. i dont know anyone in the SPI forum who races their little red headed step-child for a living, so go out and have a good time.

if you lose, well, you're supposed to lose anyway. but if you win... thats bragging rights.

the one thing i would do... i would not do a simple straight line drag race, any idiot can step on the gas peddle and go straight. i would have a start and end point (my friends and i always race to whever we happen to be going, lunch, the movies, whatever). that always puts more emphesis on driver skill, rather then the car itself.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I race mine at the track sometimes. Not lately though. It is fun to bracket race and put 9-10 second cars on the trailer and be running high 16's. I had one guy purge nitrous on me once. So I pulled a .501 light, and was 2/3 down the track when he got the green. Sucker redlights. I pulled up to him in the pits and said something smart-ass.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sorry bro. But, yeah you will get beat pretty bad. You need alot more mods to maybe even hang with him.

tyhoppy said:
OK, driving through town today a fellow in a silver sedan just like mine beeped at me, i thought, "Must be some idiot beeping at me because we have the same car." Well, turns out it was my friend Jason, he bought an '05 ZX4 SE Sedan the same color as my '00 LX Sedan. Here is the challenge... I am hoping that my modded SPI with stock Horse Power of 110 has enough to beat his totally stock zx4 with i believe to be 130, but not sure. Do i have any chance at all to beating him. I have cold air intake, 19 lb. injectors, high flow muffler, 9mm plug wires, bosch platinum plugs. Is this enought to make up 20 horsepower. I hope so or this is going to be an embarrasment. Thank for your input guys. I will let you know the results...

·
Registered
293 Posts
It really depends on your pocket book. I had all of the bolts on my spi. Accept, the bdr cam gear. I actually had it. But, never got a chance to get it put in and tuned. Because, I traded the car in. My sig shows. What, I had on it. Thats a pretty good start. If you want to go deeper. I would suggest. A custom made turbo. Or, maybe some spray. With all the bolt ons and some spray. I think you would be pretty damn happy with the results. I would do a 50 shot. But, im not sure if the tranny would hold. Im sure the senior spi advisers will chime in. :) My spi was also an automatic. So, if you got a 5 speed. You are looking at some VERY nice results.

tyhoppy said:
what mods would you suggest i need to gain the HP I want...

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
focusin said:
You are S.O.L. buddy, even with all my mods my auto cant stick with a Zetec.
The truth comes out!!!!! with my SPI badgings and my whistler you're in the ground!!!!

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
lildisco said:
The truth comes out!!!!! with my SPI badgings and my whistler you're in the ground!!!!
I said A Zetec not YOUR Zetec![:D] Jeez lildisco get it right you know its 99% mental and 1% mechanical![8] As long as I think I can (more so than you) you will be creamed corn when I'm finished with you!

As for tyhoppy I feel bad for him b/c his friend just whent out and bought "his" car but with better options and a faster motor. Some friend he is![hihi] I think Tyhoppy has the potential to win............

If he BELIVES [rolleyes]

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,097 Posts
lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts