Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please if u are here give advice got lotsof spark (ouch) and fuel at the rail anyone got a solution [?|]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
plz heeeeeelp meeeee

jus had timing belt replaced on it just did spark plugs and fuel filter i belive the guys that put the timing belt on screwed it up and its been stalling for a few days now it wont pick back up plzzzzzzz help [mecry]

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
did you check if the timing is right?
maybe the ECU die as well... check that

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
timing i dono.
are you getting spark at all?
my friend jeep is cranking but no spark and no fuel pump...
so i suggested the ECU, and it was...

i think first check the spark, then try to listen to the fuel pump.
if there is nothing, check all the fuses...
if fuses of fuel pump is fine... maybe the ECU

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea saw and felt lots o sprk [strongman] and checked for fuel and the line got plenty ....

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
fuel line got gas not = fuel pump work...
try to listen to it...

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
does it crank?
check the battery?

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
The people who installed the timing belt probably screwed it up.

Do you have a compression tester?

Engines need 3 things to fire- spark, fuel, and compression. I'd guess you're lacking compression due to the cam not being lined up properly.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
ya~ that is what i think too...
because sometime when they dono what they are doing, might mess up the timing. and then valve are not closing right and pressure cannot build up.
lose compression and make it won't able to start.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rippig it apart as we speak idthink there is compression or at therighttimes causeits got plenty of sparkand air they did the belt under warantee 3 mnhs ago and the shop is known for sub par work i woud have done but (warantee) and free so this s wht i get anyway i figure itllbe done by tonight anythng i should wtch for or muuust do while changing (im brooke) [vommit]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
timimg belt looks great idkwhatto doo maybee eg (pipe to manfold ws broke and rntly was welded and weks after started stalling out

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Good god, English please. I'm having a hell of a time decrypting what your issue is let alone an answer for you.

There is no need to "bump" a thread, and every 30 minutes is pretty excessive. Yes you in need, but we are not paid mechanics that are online all the time. It a hobby and nothing more.

Now if you can explain more legibally what the issue is I can probally offer some assistance. I'll be around for most of tonight.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2000 ford focus 2.0 spi...

in aug timing went in changing hat also changed plugs and fuel flter
after gettng timing done by half as mechanics egr pipe from manifold was found to be broken ... was recently welded back...

vehicle has benn stalling at stop lights last week or so and now stalled and wont start up... got plenty fuel and enough spark to wake you up while its raining on u and your tired ... any how figured its the timing belt not eing done right (tensioner loose and siped a tooth maybee) but looks good is apart in front of a friends house and i cant affordthe 50 some miletow and need to leave asap ... any and all help is appreciated

1 - 20 of 27 Posts