Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My original plans were to rewire my taillights so the current running/brake lights would now only function as running lights and the turn signals up top would now be the brake lights. I was then going to make the reverse lights amber turn signals (because I have always hated the look of red turn signals). But I didn't want to mess around with making some custom reverse lights.

So the new plan (if it is legal)... rewire the running/brake lights like stated above, but keep the reverse lights normal and install some LEDs in the reverse lights as turn signals. Would that be legal? It's not often that I make turns in reverse so I don't think both bulbs will ever be on at the same time lol. I figure I can wire up 2 or 3 LEDs in there. Has anyone else done this or thought about doing it?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I know for a fact that reverse lights have to be clear / white.
Turn can be clear/amber/red
Brake lights can be red

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't plan on replacing the reverse light with one that is amber, that will stay white... I will be installing new amber LEDs in the same area of the light fixture as the reverse light to act as turn signals.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Mines an 01 and the brake light and turn signal are intergrated into those damned circles.

I had the idea of modding them with LED's however.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Gotta love a free mod! A dremel is all it takes, and there's a how-to on here if you're interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts