Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what the zx3 pzev 5spd 0-60 times is about just curious if its faster than my 00 ford contour se sport to 60 before i trade my contour in i have 45k on my v6 5spd contour ???

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
trade it in a heart beat ... dont know the time but get rid of it man. the focus is a great car. i would guess youll be in the 6's. Ive heard good things about the pzev.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
By "6's" do you mean six seconds?? Dude, there's no way a *stock* PZEV is turning six second 0-60 times. That would be better than the SVT by 1-1.5 seconds, and doing it with less power than the SVT, so I kinda doubt that. I don't think the PZEV is going to be any faster than a V6 Contour, but it won't necessarily be much slower either.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my contour has a custom dual exhaust cold air intake custom chip so its pretty fast i beat svt focuses in straight runs turning was harder lost some won some 6 for pzev sounds bul srt-4 gets to 60 in 5.8 dodge says so i doubt that pzev that qiuck

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
The Contour has nothing on the SVTF in corners period
The PZEV is just as fast as an SVT so roughly 0-60 in 7.5 & qm in 15.7.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Infra,
you think? I imagine PZEV would be close, but not quiet as fast as the SVT. I am sure it will out do SVT in mid-range acceleration tests (better torque with flatter curve), but you're still 22 horsepower down on the SVT and you have 16" all-season Pirellis instead of 17" high-performance tires (unless, of course you upgraded).
My gues is 8.0 seconds 0-60 and around 15.9 in 1/4 mile. But let's wait before Car And Driver, Road And Track or somebody else do a proper test.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
Torque baby. Thats what gets you to 60 quickly. HP makes you go fast (top speed). Yes, there is a difference between being quick and being fast. TQ makes the car quick. HP makes it fast. PZEV has more torque than the SVTF, so I would say equal 0-60 times are possible.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am going to have to back up guerro on that statement. From what I have read the 2004 SVT Focus has 145 ft/lbs of torque @ 5500 RPM, while the 2004 PZEV has 149 ft/lbs of torque @ 4200 RPM. I would guess that the 0-60 times would be almost identical. I am not sure how accurate this is, but on MSN Autos, it says that the 2003 SVT Focus 5 door has a 0-60 time of 8.56 and a 1/4 mile time of 16.71.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've run a 16.7 with bad wheel spin. So i would thing the SVT can do better. Also Ive read 15.9 for the SVT so I dont know how someone got 16.7 for the SVT.. That sounds more like a stock Zetec with intake and Catback. Which I had when I ran the 16.7

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
ravin910 said:
...on MSN Autos, it says that the 2003 SVT Focus 5 door has a 0-60 time of 8.56 and a 1/4 mile time of 16.71.
Wow, if that's the case then that has to be one of the worst test drivers I've ever seen. All the major publications have gotten somewhere between 7 to 7.6 seconds and a better quarter-mile time. My 1986 MR2 can go faster than those MSN numbers, and it's stock.

·
Registered
227 Posts
On 7-27, Marlboro Man posted a 1/4 mile time 16.238 with a stock 2003 PZEV 5 speed:

TOTALLY STOCK
and with Wheelspin off the line my best run of the night was a 16.238 @ 84.74 MPH, If it werent for the wheelshin, that would have been a 15.9 easily, my best 60 foot time of the weekend was a 2.378 and on that run it was a 2.518... it is hard to launch the car without wheelspin... or bogging :-/... oh well I had loads of fun, and I think that I am going next weekend... mabey I will get the launch down...

OH... it does good burnouts tho!!!!.... LOL nice an tons of smoke... I was out there smoking like the big guys ha ha ha.....

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
I don't want to run my tires out just yet. Can't wait to do it once... oh crap... my dad wants to change the tires to some sporty one's found on our Volvo 740 turbo... nevermind.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I posted on pzev performance all the details but shifting at 6000 rpm w/ only 1000miles I recorded 7.38
seconds 0-60 w/ 15 inch stock rubber and lots of wheel spin into second gear would imagine low 7s possible with better traction and high 6s (6.9 maybe 6.8) powershifting w intake and exhaust mods cold air& cat back
w/ better or bigger rubber.

·
Registered
829 Posts
great job bxr! ive been waiting for those times to come in. i take your word for it more than the dumb car magazines who are too busy wetting their pants waiting to drive 'schueys ride'.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Do any of you guys have an accelerameter. On my G-TECH PRO bone stock 0-60 was 8.12 and 1/4 mile time was 16.1 for my 03 PZEV. The track proved likewise with a 15.9. Since then with just a FC CAI, and Sebring cat-back X, removal of spare tire/jack it now runs a respectable 15.21 and it would be another tenth with back-seat removed like a lot of these other guys but I think thats ghetto. They say the G-tech Pro is accurate to plus or minus .1 if set up properly and this proves to be true with this car given the numbers I ran. I believe the track was a little quicker given better traction at the track, plus i lowered my air pressure a little. I advis everyone to get one that way you can tell right away everytime you mod your car waht the exact gain is. This car will not run a 0-60 in the 6's until it has I/H/E/TB/Pl so no a stock one will run about 8.0 flat 0-60 and 15.9-16.1 in 1/4 depending on driver an unexperienced drag racer could cost their car about .3 to .5 sec in the 1/4. And you have to remember a lot of the se guys are running their stock times with back seat and spare tire removed I knoe I seen them at the track.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
I always take my spare tire out at the track.

I have a gtech, but I don't run it on the street. Not many flat empty roads. Plus, the cops wouldn't like it, since it looks like a radar detector.

·
Registered
829 Posts
i guess one of the car mags (motortrend) just tested an 03 pzev zts sedan, which are usually autos, (the article didnt say) and got 0-60 in 8.2.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts