Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have the 2012 Ford Focus S with just over 29K miles and the 5 years warranty is already over on January 2017. Tonight I suddenly get a continuous beeping sound after the car start. The car run ok but the continous beeping noise is annoying. What is the problem? Will the dealer check the car out for free?

Check out the video: youtube.com/watch?v=PsK3T-5J8Yk

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Beeping, -sounds like nothing serious. Just something stupid like seat-belt, door ajar, or lights On.

You live in a city where many car part stores will check the OBD system for codes, and will do this for free. Do this first. Record any codes found.

If needed, take the car to a Ford dealership. Tell them you are NOT paying for a check on what the problem might be. Ask them if they will check it for free.

Most Ford Dealerships and other places do quick/initial diagnosis for no money; -as they plan to make money for the repair of your car.

Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beeping, -sounds like nothing serious. Just something stupid like seat-belt, door ajar, or lights On.

You live in a city where many car part stores will check the OBD system for codes, and will do this for free. Do this first. Record any codes found.

If needed, take the car to a Ford dealership. Tell them you are NOT paying for a check on what the problem might be. Ask them if they will check it for free.

Most Ford Dealerships and other places do quick/initial diagnosis for no money; -as they plan to make money for the repair of your car.

Good luck!
Thanks. Did you saw the video I posted? When the beeping first came on, the dashboard said "My car door is open" and "Car not in Park", but the computer is wrong on both so it must be something else. I will check out clearly tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Thanks. Did you saw the video I posted? When the beeping first came on, the dashboard said "My car door is open" and "Car not in Park", but the computer is wrong on both so it must be something else. I will check out clearly tomorrow.
Did you verify all doors are closed? Did the dome light go off?

Did you try cycling the shifter from Park into gear and back into Park?

In either case there are switches/sensors that tell if the doors are closed or trans is in Park and one of those switches/sensors may be bad.

Paul

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
try popping and closing the trunk a few times there's a few instances where the latch gets gummed up inside and doesn't properly depress the switch telling the car the trunk is closed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2011 it kept telling me I had a door ajar also. Stopped and checked all doors by opening and shutting them. Even did the trunk. Still told me a door was ajar. When I finally got to my destination I walked around the front and noticed the hood was popped like I pulled the hood release from inside the car. Opened it and closed it and it no longer said I had a door ajar. Didn't catch this the first time because I walked around the back of the car. Funny thing is, on the way to my destination I contacted the Ford dealer about possible causes and they never mentioned checking the hood. Also funny is that the car will tell me if the trunk or what door is ajar but, the hood it just says door is ajar. Note for future occurrences if it happens again.

So check your hood.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
weird must be on the newer ones i just got back from a short drive and i left my hood popped because its cable is seized and mine didnt xD.. mine wont arm the antitheft or lock the doors tho with it popped

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today I restart the car again and the sound is gone. First I open the hood to check the oil then open the truck to get some window washer fluid then close the trunk. So maybe the trunk was not closed tightly last night.

·
Registered
19 Posts
weird must be on the newer ones i just got back from a short drive and i left my hood popped because its cable is seized and mine didnt xD.. mine wont arm the antitheft or lock the doors tho with it popped
Yeah I wouldn't have thought that either but, I did pop the hood and turned the key and the notice came back. Closed the hood and notice went away. I just went down and tried it sitting in the garage. With the hood popped I got the door open icon but, no message on the dash. Open the door, it tells me the door is ajar. Closed the hood and the icon went away. I know I got the door ajar message but, the message must only appear if the car is moving for the hood. That is only difference. Not going to test driving and pulling the hood latch.

I'm not exactly sure how it does it as the only cable I can see going to the latch is the release cable. There is a harness that runs underneath it as it runs across the front but, no wire comes out of it there. Matter of fact, the closest wire and sensor (at least I think it is a sensor) that I can see next to it is right behind the latch mechanism on the other side of the radiator into the cross beam that goes over the top of the radiator. I can take a picture of it if you don't know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ANSWER: It involves the vehicle is not in park while moving alarm. It's a matter of order, put your car in drive, open your door which will repeat the alarm process. I forget which one it is but you either need to put your car and park then close your door or close your door then put your car in park to turn the alarm off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts