At a loss and grasping at straws. Long maybe even contradicting read. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2019, 02:53 AM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 417133
Points 1, Level 1
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Briannajanayy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
At a loss and grasping at straws. Long maybe even contradicting read. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Everyone’s favorite, cranks but no start post. But oh this wouldn’t be your average I feel!

So we’ll begin in June. Replaced thermostat and housing because it was sticking open. Couple weeks later. Driving and notice a god awful smoking, smell, & I’m redlined overheating. Make it to Walmart parking lot and there is a hole melted in my valve cover! O.o right next to the oil cap...had noticed a tiny crack-and when I say tiny I mean pinky fingernail tiny- in the valve cover a couple days before when checking on our handy workmanship of the therm & housing, & assumes it was from all the leaning on that valve cover my boyfriend heavy brother was doing trying to “help”. Didn’t think anything of it, then kapow! Changed the valve cover ASAP, got from the same exact car at P&P and gasket was intact and in seemingly perfect condition. Then the car would start but reeked awful of gas and other smellys from the back and inside the car. It would start and be fine for 60 seconds or so and
Then start to idle HARD, shaking and making a terrible noise to accompany that, if we gave it gas most occasions it would die, but on the other occasions it we let off the gas to change gears it would sputter out and die. We could get it into drive enough to get it down the driveway but power would be so awful it wouldn’t go over 20-30 mph. Oh and It shifted really hard from 1st
To 2nd gear if I got it there. Did our FF research and changed the PCV and accompanying hoses/accessories, changed the DPFE, all the plugs {not the wires}, TPS sensor, did a sea foam treatment...cleaned the MAF, cleaned up all the wiring and yucky stuff from when the valve cover barfed oil all over every orrfice under the hood with the appropriate cleaner. Still had the same problem. Kicked the tire and went inside and ignored it for a few days. Came back out and started it and the problem was LESS rage enducing. Would still have crappy power but I could go a little faster, the longer I drove it the more it seemed to work itself out but still had shotty power. Wasn’t making awful noise as bad but still shook rather hard at stop lights and tried
To die a couple times. If I gassed her she would straighten up for a split second enough to get me off the starting line. And back at it...then one day the unthinkable happened {dripping with sarcasm}. IT DIED. Mid drive. And hasn’t started up since. Will crank and if I pump the pedal it wants to start so bad, but close only counts In horse shoes and hand grenades...so here I sit. It almost seems like no spark but we changed all 4 plugs AGAIN and still nothing. We’re at a loss. Some have told us blown gasket, some say fuel pump, some say PW, some say junk it..

Since I know this forum is full of magicians, wizards, and the likeness; wave your wands or wrenches and wriggle ur nose and grant me the unending wisdom to bring my hunk of burning love back to life. Or am I just up poo crock without a paddle or boat to float in?

Thanks if you stuck it out long enough.

Attached Thumbnails
At a loss and grasping at straws. Long maybe even contradicting read. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.-cfaddc7b-8d14-45c1-bf0f-5616024c473f_1572590228648.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2019, 10:31 AM   #2
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 100,906, Level 100
Points: 100,906, Level: 100 Points: 100,906, Level: 100 Points: 100,906, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 89%
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%
FF Reputation: 160 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (31)
Lets start with a compression test of all 4 Cyl

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 704-249-3745
Site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 11-01-2019, 07:23 PM   #3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 417133
Points 1, Level 1
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Briannajanayy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Lets start with a compression test of all 4 Cyl

Tom
We bought one of those today and will update as soon as We do that and get results! Thank you for being the brave one that read this and even said aythimg lol!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in