SVT Euro wheel help!!!! - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires

Wheels & Tires The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2019, 02:23 AM   #11
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 387057
What I Drive: '05 Focus ZX3 D20 5 speed

Points 817, Level 15
Points: 817, Level: 15 Points: 817, Level: 15 Points: 817, Level: 15
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%
FF Reputation: 3 onemoddedfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Enthusiast View Post
X2
On Costco!

But I keep missing the one cent fee for mounting/balancing promotion...

Lately, tire prices have been "really inflated" as the same price regardless of the retail location [Discount-Tire, Goodyear, etc].

I used to be able to take advantage of eBay's $100 discount promo thru Discount-Tire but now that's gone too.

Today, Tire shops around me are wanting $80-$100 install fees if I bring my own tires in.

Even WallyWorld has gotten rid of their $10/$15 per tire fees too. NOW, They charge $100+ fees if tires are not purchased there.

Sorry, Had to vent...

........................................................................................................

I have Continental ExtremeContacts DW summer tire [225/45R17] on MY SVTF.
I really liked these tires especially being able to do a complete 4-wheel rotation.
But I barely got 30,000 & change... Going to Costco here in a month or two [waiting for their one cent install promo] for the next set.

This time, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in 225/45R17
Due to tire costs in general, for a few dollars more, I need longer lasting tires & something with grip/traction in cool spring or fall weather.

'Cause Continental RAISED the prices on their DW summer tire easily by $30 or $40 more, pushing me to look at Michelin tires thru Costco [Same $$$].

Plus I've got experience with the Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires on my RS....
A great tire overall...

So I'm going to put my $$$ towards the Michelin-s on my SVTF...
find a local old style gas station that has a mechanics in it. i use them to mount all my tires. $50 for all 4 mounted and balanced and with TAPE weights on the SVT rims. thats with me bringing in my own tires and rims. get to know one mechanic and then you start getting better deals.

i AVOID all the big box shops , i.e. costco and walcrap, discount tires, earl scwapp to mount/balance tires UNLESS you buy them there and give a good discount...

around here $80 is the norm for mount/balance when you bring your own tires. its not a bad price considering its ALL labor. you have to understand that there IS danger when mount/dismounting tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2019, 03:43 AM   #12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 411771
What I Drive: 2015 SE SPORT SEDAN, White

Points 16, Level 1
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 ForcusFantasic Good Standing Member
You can check in Tirerack.com or talkcarswell.com. Here are 2 places I bought tires for my car
Good Luck!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2019, 11:04 AM   #13
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 39034
What I Drive: 04 SY SVT Focus & 17 NB Focus RS

Points 148, Level 2
Points: 148, Level: 2 Points: 148, Level: 2 Points: 148, Level: 2
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 1 SVT Enthusiast Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingdmouse View Post
find a local old style gas station that has a mechanics in it. i use them to mount all my tires. $50 for all 4 mounted and balanced and with TAPE weights on the SVT rims. thats with me bringing in my own tires and rims. get to know one mechanic and then you start getting better deals.

i AVOID all the big box shops , i.e. costco and walcrap, discount tires, earl scwapp to mount/balance tires UNLESS you buy them there and give a good discount...

around here $80 is the norm for mount/balance when you bring your own tires. its not a bad price considering its ALL labor. you have to understand that there IS danger when mount/dismounting tires.
I hear ya...

Thought about going that route, but ended up sticking with Costco.

Ordered a set of Michelin PilotSport A/S 3+ tires in 225/45R17 online, got the instant $70 discount but still paid sales tax.

Since I used my Costco/Citi Card, will get an automatic $60 credit on next statement. Covers the install fees.
Comes to $132 per wheel/tire installed.

Making it easy, since the summer set is still in the basement, just throwing in the back of the truck & heading for the Costco tire shop when I get notice they have arrived...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2019, 10:14 AM   #14
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91663
What I Drive: 2006 ZX3 SES

Points 918, Level 16
Points: 918, Level: 16 Points: 918, Level: 16 Points: 918, Level: 16
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 6 pbfoot Good Standing Member
I love the Advantage TA in a 245/40/17. Quiet ride. Grippy. No hydroplaning.

Last edited by pbfoot; 06-07-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in