03-12-2019, 02:09 PM
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
What I Drive: 2015 Focus & 2015 Mondeo
FF Reputation: 1
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0
Originally Posted by JMD787
Hey guys and girls. I came across a way to train new TPMS sensors. Use this if you're installing winter wheels/tires that have sensors already installed, or even if you are just doing a tire rotation. Not sure if this has been posted before. I tried searching but didn't see it posted anywhere. No need to go and buy the TPMS learning tool.
1) Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended psi. Mine is 40psi.
2) Turn ignition to the on position. If you have a push button start, push the start button without pressing the brake pedal.
3) Push the hazard light button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" in the LCD display between the tach and speedo.
4) Release air pressure in the front left tire until you hear the horn honk. The LCD display should now read "Train right front tire".
5) Release air pressure in the right front tire until you hear the horn honk.
6) Repeat for the the right rear tire, and then the left rear tire.
7) You should now see "Training Complete" in the LCD display.
8) Fill your tires back up to the recommended pressure.
If the above does not work try this (2017+)
I can't get anything of this to work with the Focus MK4 2019 model. It says learn but nothing happens when emptying air in front left Tyre.