Focus-Power (Turbo Tom) Round 3... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By c0alition
  • 1 Post By c0alition
  • 1 Post By c0alition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2018, 02:04 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62015
What I Drive: '02 Focus ZX3

Points 947, Level 16
Points: 947, Level: 16 Points: 947, Level: 16 Points: 947, Level: 16
Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 c0alition Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Focus-Power (Turbo Tom) Round 3...

Reposting this here from the Focus-Power forum for permanence. I reallllllly hate having to call people out, but I'm really just bummed on this whole situation. It sucks that I've had to post this to the forums. I've dealt with Tom and have given him my money 3 times the first being almost 10 years ago. The service is never perfect, but he's one of the names in the Zetec world that has been around and I appreciated that.

This whole problem isn't even going to touch on my other 2 problematic experiences with him. I don't care about his tuning experience, I'm not discussing his skills, this is completely about his service and the pain it is to deal with him on normal days.

Unfortunately, this last experience has just been too much to brush off. I chatted with Tom around Christmas as I had picked up his turbo kit from another member of the forum. I ordered a Zetec downpipe from him instead of fitting the SVT downpipe with mods to my car.

Dec 28 - I dropped off my turbo, SVT downpipe, and wastegate dump pipe to him. He was very helpful to meet me at a pretty late hour as I was coming in from a 12 hour drive. I appreciated that greatly especially being a weeknight (Thursday). In our emails we discussed a 5-7 day turnaround on the pipe, and in person confirmed that.

Dec 31 - I sent over payment that weekend and dropped him an email to let him know and gave him my shipping address. He told me to contact him on Thursday, Jan 04, which would have been the 5th business day he had my parts. We got slammed with a storm here at home, and I didn't need to be pushy, so I messaged him on Friday instead. It was just a check in to see how the fabrication was going and he let me know it should be finished up and ready to ship Monday Jan 08 (the 7th business day).

Jan 08 - Messaged him Monday asking if he was able to finish up the downpipe, and questioning about some tuning that I was considering purchasing from him for a second vehicle. Blah blah chat chat, and he told me the downpipe should be done Wednesday Jan 10 and ready to ship and asked for my address.

Jan 10/12 - Wednesday came around and I received no contact, so I waited 2 days which is about the time it should take to receive a shipment from that area. No contact and no package, so I contacted him once more on Friday Jan 12 with a flat question of "Any luck on the shipping?" to which I received a bland response of "Working on it".

Jan 15 - 3 days later Monday I asked for an estimated ship date to get back my parts. He responded about some other customer's project but then emailed back letting me know he had the wrong person and mine will ship tomorrow (Tuesday Jan 16)

Jan 17 - Still no contact so I messaged again asking if my parts shipped. No response.

Jan 18 - Asked to confirm if the downpipe was at least finished and for any details he can provide on the status of anything. He responded that he wasn't ignoring me and had some other personal issues he had to deal with. He said he'll check on an update as it should have shipped out already. He asked to confirm that I was getting the wastegate pipe (which was mine already) and downpipe.

Jan 19 - I emailed back to confirm that I was waiting for my turbo, my wastegate pipe, and the Zetec downpipe he made. He responded with "Ok thanks"

Jan 20 - I emailed asking for a shipping confirmation as they should have shipped the 19th. I asked for this update so that I could have the parts picked up if they had not yet been shipped. No response.

Jan 23 - No response. Still. Active and responding on the forums, but I've still yet to hear anything about the latest shipping or receiving my parts. Maybe I'll be surprised tonight and come home to a box with parts and I can go on my merry little way?

This isn't a bash Tom post. This is a I want my parts back and some form of realistic communication. If parts aren't finished, tell me they aren't finished, if parts aren't shipping, tell me they won't ship. Don't ghost me, don't drag me around, and don't take advantage of my patience.

To those who may read this - consider this experience before a big commitment with Tom, or even a small one as I've found to be problematic along the same lines as well.

BradKPed likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old and Busted:
http://www.newcougar.org/forums/forced-induction/134815-zetec-turbo.html
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2018, 10:59 PM   #2
Trump 2016

Fan#: 62350
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST3

Points 32,567, Level 100
Points: 32,567, Level: 100 Points: 32,567, Level: 100 Points: 32,567, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 11 pasta Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (55)
Great post. He always has personal reasons.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:58 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Points 947, Level 16
Level Up 47% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
We talked it out privately and worked out the schedule and why there were delays for the dates and communication. It sucks that it came down to all this, and shit happens.. It's understandable why it happened, just sucks that it did. It's been worked through and moving on - hopefully better on both sides of understanding.
sailor likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old and Busted:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2018, 10:53 AM   #4
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 34,495, Level 100
Points: 34,495, Level: 100 Points: 34,495, Level: 100 Points: 34,495, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 87 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thats great.......
Bigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
R.I.P....Mr Felix, 5-2-02... 5-24-19
Old 02-02-2018, 12:07 AM   #5
Old Phart

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2013 Black 5-spd SE Hatch

Points 33,746, Level 100
Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 135 sailor Excellent Standing Member sailor Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Glad it's worked out now.

It can be an issue dealing with a one man band operation at times, Tom goes the extra mile for people (witness that late night meeting for example) but he can also get pulled away for Family & Business emergencies.
When doing extra for one someone else may be waiting.

Overall it usually works out, but solid planning seldom happens except for MAJOR projects - and they're typically last minute emergencies as well.

For most it goes fairly smoothly, but it is even then a first in line situation - catch him at the right time when he's free for a bit.

S.R. #275
Focus Takeover #003 / Tarbo Fan #003
Old 02-02-2018, 07:59 AM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Points 947, Level 16
Level Up 47% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Being the third time I've had these types of issues, I'd imagine that it's for less than most that it goes smoothly. It's resolved now as said and moving on.. but certainly something to be addressed in the future or considered by people. It's part of the balance to consider when dealing with him as he knows what he's doing when it gets done. If that's fine for you, then it's a great value to work with Tom.
FFhb13 likes this.

Old and Busted:

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in