Turbo Tech Racing - Fantastic! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By FFhb13
  • 1 Post By Jburks
  • 1 Post By 1turbofocus
  • 1 Post By Jburks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2017, 12:35 AM   #1
Torretto!

Fan#: 224858
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Bk FF Titanium HB DCT

Points 51,154, Level 100
Points: 51,154, Level: 100 Points: 51,154, Level: 100 Points: 51,154, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 11 FFhb13 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Thumbs up Turbo Tech Racing - Fantastic!

I just want to say, I have purchased TTR products for several cars, mostly motor mounts... most recently my Focus, before that my 2.2L ecotec and 2.0 supercharged ecotec..they have always been built solid and performed well...great customer service!

I want to thank them for deciding to produce an Intake manifold for the MK3 Duratec 2.0..this platform has very little aftermarket performance support and parts, lots of talk about parts but not much coming to fruition. I contacted some other companies and many could not be bothered to even answer my email, or brushed me off.

Looking forward to dealing with them, now and in the future!

Jburks and 04ZTSJelf like this.
175whp/167trq (3rd gear) Steeda intake - MST Hose - CFM RMM - JBR PSM - TTR UMM - CNT 2.5" Exhaust - FS Werks MK2 header - SCT tuning by Tom - 63mm TB, TTR Intake manifold paperweight - 180deg tstat - Steeda RSB -
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2017, 07:11 PM   #2
#dailydriven

Fan#: 145009
What I Drive: 2014 DCT Hatchback

Points 25,623, Level 96
Points: 25,623, Level: 96 Points: 25,623, Level: 96 Points: 25,623, Level: 96
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 5%
FF Reputation: 19 Jburks Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I'll second everything FFHb12 said. i have their Driver side mount and it's very well made and works perfect. I'm also very happy that they stepped up to build the intake manifold for the mk3 NA engine. Props TTR.
FFhb13 likes this.

My Thread-http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/ford-focus-builds-general-showroom/382642-ruby-red-build-thread.html
Old 05-19-2017, 12:31 AM   #3
Torretto!

Points 51,154, Level 100
Points: 51,154, Level: 100 Points: 51,154, Level: 100 Points: 51,154, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
Well an update, mostly positive but a bit negative as well. As most of you know, the TTR manifold that TTR was generous enough to make for our platform did not work, with a 19hp and similar torque loss on a fully bolted focus with tuning.

TTR offered refunds right away to those that paid full price minus shipping costs and costs to ship manifold back...UNBELIEVEABLE company that stands behinds it's products and realizing this was a bust, wanted to rectify things immediately and quickly. They gave people only 5 days to remove the manifolds and ship back, I think a full week or more would have been more reasonable, but still no complaints in that regard.

Here's where I had a bit of headshake on the logic... In exchange for Msengineer testing and immense help, pictures, etc.. I think they gave him a discount on his manifold, and for my groundwork I also received a discount of $200 us off the purchase price, this not asked for, but was offered and appreciated.

After I explained that everyone should offered a refund to be fair (whether they choose to accept or not it up to them), they said Msengineer and I had prototype manifolds and no refund would be given for that reason. After subsequent pm's they decided they would give me 50% off what I paid, minus initial $70 to ship to canada and my costs to ship the manifold back. I explained that it wouldn't be worth it at that point to return the manifold for maybe $120 credit or less. BTW - I hope MS Engineer doesn't mind me dragging him into this, I just feel that he should have been offered a refund whether he decided to keep the manifold or not, especially given the work he did to get the manifold built, time spent that I did not have. For the record I was told he did not want a refund and accepted their "no refund" stance.

It was a hard choice to go public with this, but I had to get this off my chest... still grateful to TTR that most people got refunds, I would have felt very bad if people had not.
175whp/167trq (3rd gear) Steeda intake - MST Hose - CFM RMM - JBR PSM - TTR UMM - CNT 2.5" Exhaust - FS Werks MK2 header - SCT tuning by Tom - 63mm TB, TTR Intake manifold paperweight - 180deg tstat - Steeda RSB -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2017, 12:37 AM   #4
8 DAY HOMECOMING

Fan#: 112674
What I Drive: 2002 Identity Crisis

Points 65,557, Level 100
Points: 65,557, Level: 100 Points: 65,557, Level: 100 Points: 65,557, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
FF Reputation: 30 SPIinDisguise Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Honest opinions are what make companies better. Learn from mistakes, take the occssional step backward.

From what I have heard they are a great company and will continue to provide for the focus platform.

Good review!

Sent from my SM-G925V using FF Mobile
Sedan Revolution #289
FOCUS XTREME

Quote:
We don't charge by the word, tell us more.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:05 AM   #5
Old Phart

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2013 Black 5-spd SE Hatch

Points 33,746, Level 100
Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 135 sailor Excellent Standing Member sailor Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
FWIW - I noticed in the Dyno thread on this that a similar intake manifold PROVEN on earlier engines had the same results when modified to fit the TiVCT.

I don't want to get carried away with speculation here, but obviously something OTHER than the manifold & it's design is involved to give those results.

S.R. #275
Focus Takeover #003 / Tarbo Fan #003
Old 05-19-2017, 04:30 PM   #6
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 100,050, Level 100
Points: 100,050, Level: 100 Points: 100,050, Level: 100 Points: 100,050, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 160 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (31)
I feel EVERYONE should receive a full refund and here is why

I contacted TTR the day the post was made they were making a MK3 intake manifold , I offered to do the dyno work to test the intake manifold for FREE , if they had sent me the "prototype" intake manifold I would of found a customer with a MK3 with a few mods and installed and dynoed it

This would of shown the TTR Intake manifold results and TTR would of either changed the design or dropped the idea and all the people including my self wouldnt of wasted countless Hrs of work , I have about 15 hrs in tuning , I tuned a lot the intakes that were sold

Because these 2 guys got a discount for doing TTR`s leg work for pictures , install , making sure it fit etc they shouldnt be penalized
The discount was given because TTR didnt want to go through the trouble to find a MK3 and do all the fitment issue , your penalizing these 2 guys for doing your work

TTR should of done the leg work for prototype fitment , TTR should of sent the prototype intake to a dyno shop and had it tested , they chose not to , it back fired and they should step up and do the right thing return there money Its the right thing to do

Tom
FFhb13 likes this.
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 704-249-3745
Site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Elder 1turbofocus

Last edited by 1turbofocus; 05-19-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:37 PM   #7
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 100,050, Level 100
Points: 100,050, Level: 100 Points: 100,050, Level: 100 Points: 100,050, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 160 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
FWIW - I noticed in the Dyno thread on this that a similar intake manifold PROVEN on earlier engines had the same results when modified to fit the TiVCT.

I don't want to get carried away with speculation here, but obviously something OTHER than the manifold & it's design is involved to give those results.
Sailor is refering to the Cosi Knockoff that I modified to fit the 2015 Turbo DIY MK3 Focus Turbo Kit , I removed it and on the same MK3 we tested the TTR on we tested the Cosi knock off then went back to stock and all the HP/TQ came back

It was a shot in the dark to make and install and I would of got around to testing it vs the stock intake but thought it looked cool so installed it

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email:

Phone: 704-249-3745
Site:

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 05-19-2017, 05:24 PM   #8
#dailydriven

Fan#: 145009
What I Drive: 2014 DCT Hatchback

Points 25,623, Level 96
Points: 25,623, Level: 96 Points: 25,623, Level: 96 Points: 25,623, Level: 96
Level Up 28% Completed
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Forum Activity 5%
FF Reputation: 19 Jburks Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
I feel EVERYONE should receive a full refund and here is why

I contacted TTR the day the post was made they were making a MK3 intake manifold , I offered to do the dyno work to test the intake manifold for FREE , if they had sent me the "prototype" intake manifold I would of found a customer with a MK3 with a few mods and installed and dynoed it

This would of shown the TTR Intake manifold results and TTR would of either changed the design or dropped the idea and all the people including my self wouldnt of wasted countless Hrs of work , I have about 15 hrs in tuning , I tuned a lot the intakes that were sold

Because these 2 guys got a discount for doing TTR`s leg work for pictures , install , making sure it fit etc they shouldnt be penalized
The discount was given because TTR didnt want to go through the trouble to find a MK3 and do all the fitment issue , your penalizing these 2 guys for doing your work

TTR should of done the leg work for prototype fitment , TTR should of sent the prototype intake to a dyno shop and had it tested , they chose not to , it back fired and they should step up and do the right thing return there money Its the right thing to do

Tom
I 100% agree with what you said. I can't think of any reason why these guys arent getting full refunds.
FFhb13 likes this.

My Thread-http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/ford-focus-builds-general-showroom/382642-ruby-red-build-thread.html
Old 10-13-2017, 06:52 PM   #9
Torretto!

Points 51,154, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
Anyone have any ideas of what I can use my $430US TTR manifold for? Flowerpot? Melt it down? Worlds most expensive paperweight?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in