Adapting Roush turbo Kit to SVT - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2019, 08:05 AM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 375305
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT SX3

Points 224, Level 4
Points: 224, Level: 4 Points: 224, Level: 4 Points: 224, Level: 4
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 Ben Presten Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Adapting Roush turbo Kit to SVT

So I bought this Roush turbo kit for my SVT because it was for sale locally and I decided I didn't want to pass up the local opportunity. However, I really don't want to go turbo. I want to do a supercharger kit, but nobody seems interested in buying the turbo kit so I guess I'm just gonna send it and see what happens. I took it to a local Roush dealer to have it inspected and they said it looks A1, and pointed out that there is zero shaft play, so that's awesome. Next step was I took it to a professional welder to have the crack welded up on the waste gate pipe that the Roush dealer pointed out to me. So now there's nothing left but to slap it on. BUT, this kit is really intended for the Zetec cars not the SVTs, so I know there are things that won't work. So my question is, does the manifold still work properly like I think it does? And what do I need to acquire to make the kit work. I know the ECU that came with the kit won't work because its for the Zetec, so what do I use? Stock ECU with custom tune? And then who do I have Tube it?

and if anyone is interested in buying this kit or trading it for a supercharger, let me know.

Attached Thumbnails
Adapting Roush turbo Kit to SVT-img_1648.jpg  

Adapting Roush turbo Kit to SVT-img_1652.jpg  

Adapting Roush turbo Kit to SVT-img_1653.jpg  

Adapting Roush turbo Kit to SVT-img_1654.jpg  

Adapting Roush turbo Kit to SVT-img_1660.jpg  

Adapting Roush turbo Kit to SVT-img_1773.jpg  

Adapting Roush turbo Kit to SVT-img_1775.jpg  

Adapting Roush turbo Kit to SVT-img_1776.jpg  

Adapting Roush turbo Kit to SVT-img_1777.jpg  

Adapting Roush turbo Kit to SVT-img_1778.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2019, 09:28 AM   #2
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 33,565, Level 100
Points: 33,565, Level: 100 Points: 33,565, Level: 100 Points: 33,565, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 87 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Great questions for Tom. He should chime in soon.
Bigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
R.I.P....Mr Felix, 5-2-02... 5-24-19
Old 05-25-2019, 08:42 PM   #3
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 98,664, Level 100
Points: 98,664, Level: 100 Points: 98,664, Level: 100 Points: 98,664, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 160 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (31)
The Zetec and SVT is surprisingly close to parts bolting on , you will have to do a little modding to get the down pipe to work but a simple things for a Exh shop

Your biggest thing is the pipe from the IC to the TB , you will have to get this made , part of your pipe will work part wont

Run the SVT ECU and I can Custom Remote Tune it for you

You also need a 180 deg thermostat , Motorcraft SP463 plugs gaped at .040 to start

You will need to went a bung into the oil pan , its comes off easy

You can get oil psi feed from behind the coil

Turbo will FAR out perform a SC hands down any day

Let me know if I can help , No one has tuned more boosted SVT or more of the South County Turbo Kit / Turbonetics Turbo Kit / Rousch Turbo kit , thats who all has owned or had there name on that kit over the years

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 704-249-3745
Site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Elder 1turbofocus

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in