Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Mods and Questions (long)

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  myFordPerformance.com 
#1 ·
Guys and Gals

I'm a newbee to the board but I've been doing a lot or reading so I think I may have this thing right.

First off, this is all for my fiance's car to dress it up. She inherited it from her deceased father about a year ago. The car is her daily driver.

I drive several sports cars as well as a Ford Escape. She wants to get some style and performance added to her car so what I've done is assembly a list of things to add to her otherwise "plane jane" ATX Focus SE sedan.

First things first, Performance:
I'm going to be limited to things I can do by myself for now as she doesn't want to sink mechanic time into the car. I am relatively handy, but in no means a mechanic. Please comment on these Mods.

FC 60mm Throttle Body
Volant (Spelling) CAI
Chip???
I need help with this one. I was thinking Focus Sport or Focus Central but I can't find a chip listed there for the car. I haven't been able to get a clear idea of which chip would be best for these mods PLUS and ATX. Diablo? Who? Help on this please.
High Flow Cat
Where should I go to get this item??
FS Exhaust
Ford Racing Wires
Good choice for wires or no??
NGK-R Plugs

What do you think I should see in HP and times with these mods?

Exterior
Myfordperformance Fuel Door
Rear Wing (stock wing from Ford)
Clear Taillights (Altenza, Spelling?)
Clear Side Marker Lights
Carbon fiber triangles and door pilliars
Complete Debadge
SVT Airstem Covers

I would love to add the stock driving lights/fog lights. Is there a kit or place to get this part?

Interior
Momo Pedal Set
Ford Racing A Pillar Gauge Pod
What 2 displays should I put in here?
White Faceplate
Carbon Fiber Shift Plate
Where to get this? This is the decorative piece that goes around the transmission. I would like a carbon fiber look.
SVT Embrodered Floor Mats
SVT Embrodered door sills
(who makes these, if anybody)

Comments? Ideas? Things to fix?

See less See more
#2 ·
check buy sell trade for stock grill w/lower fogs and ebay.

good choice on the throttle body and intake.

chip get the diablo delta, so when u dont feel like running with it on u can switch it off.

you should get a race header if u want to see the most power, wont pass emissions. im not sure if there is a high flow cat for the SPI

for CF stuff go to www.myfordperformance.com they have a door sills, triangles, and more available

wires are good!

#5 ·
Ruf Pics

I just got my new computer so I have to trasfer the files over. Your not going to notice a lot of items different from a normal box. I have what is know as a stage II conversion which gives me his brakes, suspension, and engine mods. The 3400S and 3600S have both a little different exhaust set up as well as a GT2 front facia with GT2 seats.

I'll get them up just as soon as I can.

#7 ·
Do I need an adapter for the TB since my car is ATX? Also how do I make that little notch thing? Will a machine shop do this for me?

#8 ·
ferraristyle said:

First things first, Performance:
I'm going to be limited to things I can do by myself for now as she doesn't want to sink mechanic time into the car. I am relatively handy, but in no means a mechanic. Please comment on these Mods.

FC 60mm Throttle Body
Volant (Spelling) CAI
Chip???
I need help with this one. I was thinking Focus Sport or Focus Central but I can't find a chip listed there for the car. I haven't been able to get a clear idea of which chip would be best for these mods PLUS and ATX. Diablo? Who? Help on this please.
High Flow Cat
Where should I go to get this item??
FS Exhaust
Ford Racing Wires
Good choice for wires or no??
NGK-R Plugs

What do you think I should see in HP and times with these mods?

I'll take a shot at a couple of these..

First, all of those can be DIY mods. Check out the How-To Library on myFordFocus.com

T/B and intake. Will work just fine ! <edit'd for correct information :) >

Chip, depends on your EEC code. Do you know your EEC code? If not, see the How-To article on myFordFocus.com on how to find it.

HiFlow Cat, none exist for the SPI.

Exhaust, any aftermarket exhaust for the Sedan will work.

Wires, only Focus Sport makes wires for the SPI. Ford Racing will not work.

Plugs, stick to Autolite/Motorcraft replacement. Don't waste your money on anything else.

Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.