Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/)
-   Road Racing & Rally (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/road-racing-rally/)
-   -   BATLSDN Stage Rally ZX3 (https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/road-racing-rally/744282-batlsdn-stage-rally-zx3.html)

Woundup7 04-26-2017 09:08 PM

BATLSDN Stage Rally ZX3

Hey all

I figured I would start a thread about our 2003 ZX3 rally build. We just finished Oregon Trail Rally last weekend, and thought I would share some of the interesting things we have done on the build. OTR was actually our 2nd stage rally, we did Big White Winter Rally in Canada last December and finished that one as well.

The car is a Cali model 2.3 dtec with zero options, not even a/c. I flew down to San Fransico in late 2015 to buy it. Originally the plan was to replace our MINI cooper in solo in STF, as we were getting out powered on the big national style courses. I bought some of the standard bolt on parts to run in STF and ended up running two local events in the Focus, honestly it was/is a terrible autocross car, the ergonomics, the hanging throttle, and lack of weight transfer determined it's fate.

So I pulled the plug on the STF build and put the car back to stock in preparation to sell it locally. I sat on it for awhile, in the meantime my wife and I entered the Boise rally in a rented Geo Metro, and we had a blast. After that she convinced me to keep the focus and build it into a stage rally car. In the summer of 2016 we stripped the interior, build a 1/4 aluminum skid plate, transfer in our OMP race seats from the MINI, and sent it off to get a rally cage.

SPIinDisguise 04-26-2017 09:29 PM

Woah woah woah....we need pictures.

Sent from my SM-G925V using FF Mobile

Woundup7 04-26-2017 10:45 PM

Sure tell me how, I have had trouble in the past uploading pics.

SPIinDisguise 04-26-2017 10:56 PM

Mobile version: tapatalk
Desktop would need to be like Photobucket or imgur

I like tapatalk for direct upload.

Sent from my SM-G925V using FF Mobile

Woundup7 07-30-2017 10:07 AM

We just finished two more stage rallys idaho and Colorado. Going to upload some pics of the beast. Stay tuned

rallyrs 08-06-2017 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woundup7 (Post 10863794)
We just finished two more stage rallys idaho and Colorado. Going to upload some pics of the beast. Stay tuned

We await...

And don't use photobucket!

Woundup7 11-25-2017 11:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
We have been busy prepping for the last stage rally of the year. Installing a Howe steering quickener, a bigger fan for the heater box. I also bought a fswerks 2.5 header back exhaust

Woundup7 11-25-2017 11:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Pic of 2.0 dtec which is coming out after this next rally. We picked up a 2.5 out of a fusion for short money, excited to feel the difference between the two

Woundup7 11-28-2017 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the wife test fitting the seat and wheel before the last rally.

1turbofocus 11-30-2017 10:04 AM

That green filter is costing you 2-4HP , air does not like to flow through foam , make a pipe like I make for the MK3 Focu intake , make the MAF built in and make it 3 inch , will work much better for you
There is some Vac lines and a few things I see that can be removed from under the hood for ease of working on it

Tom