Chumpcar world series - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sleepyboy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2015, 06:51 PM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46519
What I Drive: 86 GN, [email protected], 23 psi

Points 5,535, Level 47
Points: 5,535, Level: 47 Points: 5,535, Level: 47 Points: 5,535, Level: 47
Level Up 93% Completed
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 8 NJSVTGUY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Chumpcar world series

Anyone race in this series? Looks like low cost fun!

http://www.chumpcar.com/rules.php

RULES

Here are the Basic Rules

Not including the required safety equipment that you'll need - roll-cage, racing seat, racing harness -- your car must be valued at less than $500. That's valued at, as assessed by the general market, not what you paid for it.

Personal safety gear includes a Snell SA helmet and SFI-FIA certified driver's gear.

Strip out all the interior and take out all the glass, except the windshield. Install the roll cage, seat and harness. Add some numbers and you have just created a $500 race car. Okay, so there's more to it than that, but not much. Read the rules to fill-in the blanks.

You can upgrade the brakes a little but don't even think of adding any trick racing suspension crap. Tires are up to you... as long as they're DOT legal and rated for treadwear according to the rules.

ChumpCar has various race formats, but they're all endurance racing... ranging from 7 hours to 36 hours. You'll need a minimum of 3 drivers for most events - 4 for the longer events - and it's wise to have a couple of crew guys as part of the team. Get people on your team that know what end of a screwdriver to use and can think clearly at 3:19am when a wheel bearing starts to disintegrate.

If you cheat or screw-up or both... you'll be docked laps. If you come to Tech Inspection with a car that's worth $1,500... plan on starting the race about 100 laps down from everyone else. You can still run in the race and you'll have a great time... but you'll never win. If that doesn't bother you, you're our kind of Chump!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2015, 07:35 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 214753
What I Drive: 2014 Tangerine Scream ST

Points 809, Level 15
Points: 809, Level: 15 Points: 809, Level: 15 Points: 809, Level: 15
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 1 GronkDaSlayer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSVTGUY View Post
Anyone race in this series? Looks like low cost fun!

http://www.chumpcar.com/rules.php

RULES

Here are the Basic Rules

Not including the required safety equipment that you'll need - roll-cage, racing seat, racing harness -- your car must be valued at less than $500. That's valued at, as assessed by the general market, not what you paid for it.

Personal safety gear includes a Snell SA helmet and SFI-FIA certified driver's gear.

Strip out all the interior and take out all the glass, except the windshield. Install the roll cage, seat and harness. Add some numbers and you have just created a $500 race car. Okay, so there's more to it than that, but not much. Read the rules to fill-in the blanks.

You can upgrade the brakes a little but don't even think of adding any trick racing suspension crap. Tires are up to you... as long as they're DOT legal and rated for treadwear according to the rules.

ChumpCar has various race formats, but they're all endurance racing... ranging from 7 hours to 36 hours. You'll need a minimum of 3 drivers for most events - 4 for the longer events - and it's wise to have a couple of crew guys as part of the team. Get people on your team that know what end of a screwdriver to use and can think clearly at 3:19am when a wheel bearing starts to disintegrate.

If you cheat or screw-up or both... you'll be docked laps. If you come to Tech Inspection with a car that's worth $1,500... plan on starting the race about 100 laps down from everyone else. You can still run in the race and you'll have a great time... but you'll never win. If that doesn't bother you, you're our kind of Chump!
It's pretty much the LeMons series we got here. https://www.24hoursoflemons.com/
Old 04-08-2015, 06:38 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 151762
What I Drive: 2012 titainum sedan

Points 504, Level 10
Points: 504, Level: 10 Points: 504, Level: 10 Points: 504, Level: 10
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Phordman Good Standing Member
they run both series in cali
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2015, 07:12 PM   #4
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

Points 160,269, Level 100
Points: 160,269, Level: 100 Points: 160,269, Level: 100 Points: 160,269, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 51 sleepyboy Excellent Standing Member
I've raced in LeMons and a couple weeks ago The World Racing League, which was awesome. We won 2nd place in the GP2 class in our SVT focus race car.
jrfender likes this.

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:59 PM   #5
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 125033
What I Drive: 2003 Black Focus SVT 4 door

Points 537, Level 10
Points: 537, Level: 10 Points: 537, Level: 10 Points: 537, Level: 10
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 mcoppola Good Standing Member
chumpcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboy View Post
I've raced in LeMons and a couple weeks ago The World Racing League, which was awesome. We won 2nd place in the GP2 class in our SVT focus race car.
Are you active on the chumpcar forum? We've raced an 02 SVT in Lemons and Chumpcar in 2010-13 (3 races), and are currently building an 03 SVT 4 door for Chump and WRL racing. Is the #150 your SVT road racer? What team name, interested in looking at lap times, results, etc.
Thanks and best regards,
Mike
Old 09-10-2015, 12:14 AM   #6
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

Points 160,269, Level 100
Points: 160,269, Level: 100 Points: 160,269, Level: 100 Points: 160,269, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 51 sleepyboy Excellent Standing Member
Fresh Italian Lemons is what I think it was? I'd have to get the owner of the car on here to know for sure cause I don't remember.

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in