Is it worth it to save my 2005 hatcback!? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > New Members Check In!

New Members Check In! If you're new to Focus Fanatics, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2019, 04:50 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 415675
Points 2, Level 1
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Level Up 3% Completed
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 Ariellelynn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Is it worth it to save my 2005 hatcback!?

Hello I am very very new this community and I have a very very old 2005 ford focus hatchback. I love it. It's my first car and I have never driven anything else. It is giving me a lot of problems and my mechanic believes the issue is with the computer and will make it not worth to save. I thought I would try here and explain some of my problems first and see if anyone else has had something similar happen to their ford. Here are some of the issues I have had with my ford focus:

1) it very rarely but also very suddenly will conpletely stall and stop moving on the road. My wheel freezes, the car starts to shake and slowly comes to a stop no matter how I press on the gas. When this happens, the clock changes, my cd player starts changing discs repeatedly and every das board light comes on.

2) the gas gauge will stay at F or above F until it drops slightly below F at which point I know I have about 1/2 a tank to 1/4 tank left

3) As of recently, sometimes but not all the time- as I accelerate the gas peddle will shake and one of my dashboard lights that is red on the right will periodically blink one time every few minutes. Shortly after I began having this problem, my check engine light came on.

2 of my coils/cylinders (I think!) Were recently replaced by my mechanic and he's looked at it a few times before. I was hoping anyone else could tell me if they have had these problems and managed to save their car 😭😭😭 forgive me if this is not the right place to post this! I know literally nothing about cars

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2019, 02:20 PM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83894
What I Drive: Black

Points 529, Level 10
Points: 529, Level: 10 Points: 529, Level: 10 Points: 529, Level: 10
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
FF Reputation: 1 paulrondelli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I would trade in the 2005 on a MK2 Focus. I recently bought a 2011 with every option, leather interior, and 90,000 miles for $5,000. There some great deals on these MK2 since the MK3 transmissions are causing so much drama in the used car marketplace. I spoke to a dealer who had 3 2010 Focus on his lot... When I asked him about the MK3 he said under no circumstance would he ever try and sell a MK 3 with the automatic transmission.

With a 2005 you are probably right at the 220,000 mile mark. Unless you start to perform all the repairs yourself the mechanic bills will kill you. Get a used Focus with 100,000 miles and drive the wheels off of it for another 100,000 miles.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in