who is gladthey got rid of a dct POS - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2019, 02:13 PM   #21
Focus Addict

Fan#: 145602
Points 6,034, Level 50
Points: 6,034, Level: 50 Points: 6,034, Level: 50 Points: 6,034, Level: 50
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 50%
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%
FF Reputation: 3 Pokerrun388 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
who is gladthey got rid of a dct POS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DdoublC View Post
I feel this on many levels. Interested on what you did, and if you still got the hatch. How's it holding up?

Yes sir, I still have it. With everything in the news recently about the DCT & Ford knowingly selling them anyways, Iím just curious to see what (if anything) might happen as far as recalls or being compensated etc.

But for just going back & forth to work, the dang car gets 30mpg city & looks sporty + itís paid for, so I just canít justify trading it or having Carvana take it & then also having to pay 12k out-of-pocket for an ST & get worse MPGs & a higher insurance rate.

So at 40k miles, my car should have a ton of life left in it & Iím just going to keep it as my daily. Donít get me wrong, I love how the ST & RS models look, however is daily driving a performance turbo car a good economical decision? Quite the opposite actually.

I say this now & then next week on my commutes Iíll see an ST or RS in traffic & be wanting one again because of how great they look. Lol

For example, I was over the ST & then last week I saw a grey one & had to have it. Lol

Same thing with the RS. I was done with them & then noticed a guy local to me bought a white one & now started looking at the ads again.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile

Last edited by Pokerrun388; 08-04-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2019, 06:46 PM   #22
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

Points 9,440, Level 65
Points: 9,440, Level: 65 Points: 9,440, Level: 65 Points: 9,440, Level: 65
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 62 amc49 Excellent Standing Member
Nissan was forced to add planetaries and clutches to CVT to make them seem to shift like a standard ATX now, they really get up and go MUCH better but they still have not made the overall trans last as long as it should.

Drive one, you'll be surprised as long as it is running right. You get a kickdown gear and upshift that seem like normal.
tracycali likes this.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:24 AM   #23
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 34,736, Level 100
Points: 34,736, Level: 100 Points: 34,736, Level: 100 Points: 34,736, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 100%
FF Reputation: 87 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
[QUOTE=Pokerrun388;11395337]Yes sir, I still have it. With everything in the news recently about the DCT & Ford knowingly selling them anyways, Iím just curious to see what (if anything) might happen as far as recalls or being compensated etc.

But for just going back & forth to work, the dang car gets 30mpg city & looks sporty + itís paid for, so I just canít justify trading it or having Carvana take it & then also having to pay 12k out-of-pocket for an ST & get worse MPGs & a higher insurance rate.

So at 40k miles, my car should have a ton of life left in it & Iím just going to keep it as my daily. Donít get me wrong, I love how the ST & RS models look, however is daily driving a performance turbo car a good economical decision? Quite the opposite actually.

I say this now & then next week on my commutes Iíll see an ST or RS in traffic & be wanting one again because of how great they look. Lol

For example, I was over the ST & then last week I saw a grey one & had to have it. Lol

Same thing with the RS. I was done with them & then noticed a guy local to me bought a white one & now started looking at the ads again.

Just remember & don't forget the rs has a open deck block.......Basically you'll see it, just a matter of time.
Pokerrun388 likes this.
Bigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
R.I.P....Mr Felix, 5-2-02... 5-24-19
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2019, 02:58 PM   #24
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 39724
What I Drive: 2015 Focus SE Hatchback

Points 456, Level 9
Points: 456, Level: 9 Points: 456, Level: 9 Points: 456, Level: 9
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 1 Graves Good Standing Member
wanted to get rid of my 15 but what i would get in trade in isn't worth losing out on just to get rid of it. I have the extended warranty with it and only sitting at 65k miles now. lesson learned. was funny to see the previous owner had it in twice for the transmission, now twice with me with a return trip in the near future. Tried to get some help from Ford and the only option seems to be to lawyer up and hope they side with you.

As of now it's going to be my last ford after owning well over a dozen in my lifetime.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:37 PM   #25
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 34,736, Level 100
Points: 34,736, Level: 100 Points: 34,736, Level: 100 Points: 34,736, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 100%
FF Reputation: 87 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves View Post
wanted to get rid of my 15 but what i would get in trade in isn't worth losing out on just to get rid of it. I have the extended warranty with it and only sitting at 65k miles now. lesson learned. was funny to see the previous owner had it in twice for the transmission, now twice with me with a return trip in the near future. Tried to get some help from Ford and the only option seems to be to lawyer up and hope they side with you.

As of now it's going to be my last ford after owning well over a dozen in my lifetime.
Kinda bad to lump all Ford products thanx to the dct. Same as GM, Chrysler, Toyota....Really best to shop by the category/class your looking at, vs the manufacturer.....
Bigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
R.I.P....Mr Felix, 5-2-02... 5-24-19
Old 08-14-2019, 08:54 AM   #26
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 184985
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE hatchback in Ruby Red

Points 1,009, Level 17
Points: 1,009, Level: 17 Points: 1,009, Level: 17 Points: 1,009, Level: 17
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 43%
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%
FF Reputation: 3 rczrider Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
Kinda bad to lump all Ford products thanx to the dct. Same as GM, Chrysler, Toyota....Really best to shop by the category/class your looking at, vs the manufacturer.....
I'm guessing they're referring more to the fact that Ford knowingly used a defective transmission, lied about it, blamed the customers for driving it wrong, and have shown every indication of abandoning customers who purchased a Fiesta or Focus.

So it's more that Ford has treated us like dirt than saying all Ford products are bad simply because the DPS6 was a dumpster fire.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:02 PM   #27
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 410021
What I Drive: 2012 White Focus 5 door Titanium

Points 381, Level 7
Points: 381, Level: 7 Points: 381, Level: 7 Points: 381, Level: 7
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 1 SupraGuy Good Standing Member
It is EXACTLY about being treated like dirt. We tend not to trust people who haven't been straight with us before. "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." Well, we've been "fooled" by Ford already. If it happens again, wouldn't we all feel like complete idiots?

I suppose that we can have some faith that there will be some increased scrutiny that Ford will be living under (As well as other manufacturers for similar issues.)

For my part, it is unlikely that I will buy another Ford product for a while. (Though, I suppose, including the Focus, I technically own 3, since my father's F-150 and Mustang Convertible are in my name. Both of those are much older vehicles though, and have nothing even remotely resembling warranty on them.)

1990 Toyota Supra turbo
I think the cams are still stock...
Old 08-15-2019, 08:44 AM   #28
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 184985
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE hatchback in Ruby Red

Points 1,009, Level 17
Points: 1,009, Level: 17 Points: 1,009, Level: 17 Points: 1,009, Level: 17
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 43%
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%
FF Reputation: 3 rczrider Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraGuy View Post
For my part, it is unlikely that I will buy another Ford product for a while.
Yep, which sucks. I genuinely like my Focus except for the transmission. I swear, Ford would save money if they'd just offer to replace it with the customer's choice of the 5-speed MTX-75 or some slushbox that will mate up our 2.0L naturally aspirated engine (all of the other non-diesel engines are EcoBoosts, I think).

I don't think the 6F15 automatic transmission found in the 1.0L Focus would work for the 2.0L Focus due to the 15's lower torque capacity, but the 6F35 found in the Escape and Fusion might work.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:48 AM   #29
Focus Addict

Fan#: 278401
What I Drive: 2013 Focus 5spd

Points 4,046, Level 40
Points: 4,046, Level: 40 Points: 4,046, Level: 40 Points: 4,046, Level: 40
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 82%
Activity: 82% Activity: 82% Activity: 82%
FF Reputation: 1 saintsfins Good Standing Member
Quote:
It helps that I'm not pissed bc I have a 5spd, but I'd buy another Ford. The Escape and the Fusion have decent enough quality ratings, and I'd buy slightly used ones to take advantage of resale values.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:55 AM   #30
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 289825
What I Drive: 2003 screaming yellow svt eap zx3

Points 1,951, Level 26
Points: 1,951, Level: 26 Points: 1,951, Level: 26 Points: 1,951, Level: 26
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 1 bodyman5001 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rczrider View Post
Quote:
Yep, which sucks. I genuinely like my Focus except for the transmission. I swear, Ford would save money if they'd just offer to replace it with the customer's choice of the 5-speed MTX-75 or some slushbox that will mate up our 2.0L naturally aspirated engine (all of the other non-diesel engines are EcoBoosts, I think).

I don't think the 6F15 automatic transmission found in the 1.0L Focus would work for the 2.0L Focus due to the 15's lower torque capacity, but the 6F35 found in the Escape and Fusion might work.
I'd be happy if they just gave me all of the parts needed to swap it myself. Manual or automatic.

I'd prefer a manual and would have bought one in the first place but they didn't have any in town when we bought her Focus. Should have waited.

As it stands we'll most likely be on our 5th set of clutches at 100k and she will get another 20 thousand after that.

If the 20k clutch change interval holds that is.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in