Field Service Action 15B22 - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2015, 04:59 PM   #51
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 261729
What I Drive: 2012 focus hatchback charcoal grey

Points 4, Level 1
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level Up 7% Completed
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 what_the_focus_2k12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Took my car in for check engine light and redlining at 30 mph and not shifting theyve had it since yesterday and technichician doesnt know why its behaving like this just gets me more worried
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2015, 09:33 PM   #52
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74220
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Candy Focus SE DCT

Points 68, Level 1
Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 nyuk98gt Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by utronford View Post
I had FSA 15B22 done by my dealer back on Aug. 19th, so it has been a couple of weeks now. I had occasional shuddering at low speed acceleration, usually after the car had been running earlier (like after an hour sitting in the parking lot). It never lasted very long or caused me too much grief. I always have the dealer install any firmware updates that are available when I go in for my 6 month oil changes. So far so good. I have to say the transmission and shift points are the best since I bought the car new in Oct of 2013. I would say go for the update based on my experience with it and just in general that I expect Ford to only put out updates that improves things, not make them worse. (though I know stuff happens sometimes)
utronford:

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the update. How many miles have you put on the car since the update (if you don't mind saying)? Sounds like your Focus has adapted well to the new programming.

I'm pondering whether to have it done but our Focus does not have any shifting issues other than the low-speed, light throttle take-off shudder and some random murmuring noises at about 40 to 45 mph. Nothing really to sqawk about, really.

Thank you.

Chris
Old 09-04-2015, 10:10 PM   #53
Old Phart

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2013 Black 5-spd SE Hatch

Points 33,746, Level 100
Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 21%
Activity: 21% Activity: 21% Activity: 21%
FF Reputation: 135 sailor Excellent Standing Member sailor Excellent Standing Member
Check this post:http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/8837585-post5.html

After the question of "what is it" came up, this post was the answer. Quoted from Ford's description of the FSA.

Since then most of the discussion here is on unrelated issues.

S.R. #275
Focus Takeover #003 / Tarbo Fan #003
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2015, 11:17 AM   #54
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 129306
What I Drive: 2014 Sterling Grey Focus Titanium

Points 9, Level 1
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 1 utronford Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk98gt View Post
utronford:

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the update. How many miles have you put on the car since the update (if you don't mind saying)? Sounds like your Focus has adapted well to the new programming.

I'm pondering whether to have it done but our Focus does not have any shifting issues other than the low-speed, light throttle take-off shudder and some random murmuring noises at about 40 to 45 mph. Nothing really to sqawk about, really.

Thank you.

Chris
Only about 400 miles since the TCM update was done (I assume the firmware replaces the existing firmware so that would include possible new shift point algorithms along with whatever else it includes, so it is all related). But it was driven every day in city traffic with lots of stops and go's and plenty of hills - so it is a pretty good test so far.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:42 PM   #55
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74220
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Candy Focus SE DCT

Points 68, Level 1
Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 nyuk98gt Good Standing Member
sailor and utronford,

Thanks, fellas.

Chris
Old 09-05-2015, 08:04 PM   #56
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 163410
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE Sedan (Black)

Points 573, Level 11
Points: 573, Level: 11 Points: 573, Level: 11 Points: 573, Level: 11
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Shastic Good Standing Member
I've been having this issue for over a year now. I took it into the dealer a year ago, and since they "could not recreate the problem", they were unwilling to do anything. Reading some of these stories is pretty scary, and a bit disappointing on Ford's part.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:28 PM   #57
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117437
What I Drive: 2012 white titanium

Points 1,000, Level 16
Points: 1,000, Level: 16 Points: 1,000, Level: 16 Points: 1,000, Level: 16
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 2 cj15917 Good Standing Member
Had mine in yesterday to have 15b22 done. I understood what it was so i wasnt expecting it to shift like a million bucks or be a whole different car. What i did expect was a light to be thrown when my car shuddered like it was rolling on the side of the highway on those riveted lane departure warning strips. I also expected it to throw something when i accelerated from a stop and it bogged to 600rpm then slowly climbed all while jerking and slipping. Unfortunately it has done none of that. So either the software update is useless, or my car is supposed to act like this and its time to trade it in lol. Only other thing i can think of is that the car update has a break in period before it throws the code, just in case its a one time anomaly, but with it happening at every complete stop all the way home from the dealer (which is 63 miles away mind you). I would of thought for sure something would of popped.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:29 AM   #58
Old Phart

Points 33,746, Level 100
Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100 Points: 33,746, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 21%
FF Reputation: 135 sailor Excellent Standing Member sailor Excellent Standing Member
From all info. posted on this update, the codes/warnings it adds are strictly related to the TCM and it's possible failure to function. (not shifting, not starting etc..)

Nothing to do with warnings on clutch shudder events.

CJ - if the Dealer applied this alone for a complaint about shuddering, someone there dropped the ball and didn't do the proper tests/reprogramming /recheck to see if operation improves or if yours needs the clutches/seals replaced. Make sure to tell them your issues in detail, just going in for that update won't help you or anyone else with existing problems of any sort.
Woggy64 and wavsine like this.

S.R. #275
Old 09-06-2015, 12:46 AM   #59
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117437
What I Drive: 2012 white titanium

Points 1,000, Level 16
Points: 1,000, Level: 16 Points: 1,000, Level: 16 Points: 1,000, Level: 16
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 2 cj15917 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
From all info. posted on this update, the codes/warnings it adds are strictly related to the TCM and it's possible failure to function. (not shifting, not starting etc..)

Nothing to do with warnings on clutch shudder events.

CJ - if the Dealer applied this alone for a complaint about shuddering, someone there dropped the ball and didn't do the proper tests/reprogramming /recheck to see if operation improves or if yours needs the clutches/seals replaced. Make sure to tell them your issues in detail, just going in for that update won't help you or anyone else with existing problems of any sort.
The tech had also told me that it reduces the shudder tolerance so the tcm will throw a code easier.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:57 AM   #60
Old Phart

Points 33,746, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 21%
Excuse my skepticism, but since this is the first time I've heard of a "code" for shudder - I'll wait to hear of someone actually getting that code before believing that tech..

If one was in the system, there would be no need for Dealers to link up their portable computer to test for shudder levels when determining if new clutches were needed.

Believe it when I see it, you kinda proved it isn't there yourself.
PratoN, Arco-Zakus and Woggy64 like this.

S.R. #275

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in